Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
uh. what trim line? what options? where is your location? x-plan?

car price can go from $15k - 30k.

you want the MSRP? go to ford.com and build one out with all your options. at least that's a starting point.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Titanium hatch, just trying to see what discounts, manufacturer hold, etc.. if any...
Dealers can't get enough cars right now, so they are often getting fairly close to MSRP on these cars. If you wait another few months there might be more inventory and a little more discounting.

Invoice price on the Titanium is about $1200 less than sticker (and Ford has 2 or 3% holdback), so there is not a lot of markup on the car, so while it's always wise to haggle the dealer down to the best price possible I would not expect to get some remarkable deal.

The best thing you can do, really, if you are ready to buy (you have done all the homework on pricing, know what your payments will be, have your financing lined up) is to contact the internet sales department at each dealer in your area who has a TI in stock and ask them for a price quote.

Also, keep in mind, that some dealers are better than others, and some dealers treat "their" customers (who bought from them) better than a customer who bought from another dealer at the service department. Sometimes it's worth paying a few hundred extra bucks to go with the "better" dealer in your area, even if they aren't the cheapest.

Or, if you qualify for X-Plan through your employer, that is a no haggle way to get the car for about invoice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can join the Mustang Club of America for $50 and get a X-Plan pin (gives you very close to invoice price) if your employer isn't part of it.

That's probably going to be your best option unless you want to wait several months for there to be more inventory out there.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
The build I put together came in at $26,125 MSRP. I ended up buying from a "no-dealing flat rate" dealership and it was $24,000 and some change (don't remember the exact number right now). I did check with three other dealers and this was still the best price. Like someone said above, they are in high demand and inventory is short so dealers know they don't have to go deep on the discount.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Do some research and find the dealer invoice. Get as close to that as you
can. Many sources exist to find what dealer pays Ford for your Focus.
Edmonds can tell you pricing.

My dealer sold me my 2012 at invoice (dealer cost). Slam dunk for them because I ordered mine.
But don't feel sorry for the poor dealer. They actually make profit on these cars. It's a long story.

My car with options had a $22,250 Sticker. Cost was $20,643 plus $300 Advertising fee.
Got the $500 off for financing with Ford Credit, and $500 off for College Student rebate.
Drove off for $19,943 plus TT&L.

Not too bad for such an awesome ride.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Do some research and find the dealer invoice. Get as close to that as you
can. Many sources exist to find what dealer pays Ford for your Focus.
Edmonds can tell you pricing.

My dealer sold me my 2012 at invoice (dealer cost). Slam dunk for them because I ordered mine.
But don't feel sorry for the poor dealer. They actually make profit on these cars. It's a long story.

My car with options had a $22,250 Sticker. Cost was $20,643 plus $300 Advertising fee.
Got the $500 off for financing with Ford Credit, and $500 off for College Student rebate.
Drove off for $19,943 plus TT&L.

Not too bad for such an awesome ride.
Have the finance guy at the dealership run the numbers as well. When I was ordering, we were going over some finance options and due to the fact that a couple of local credit unions had rates favorable to Ford's, it actually ended up being better in the long run than the $500 Ford financing savings. One was $76 better and the other was $103 better in the end. Not a fortune but a buck is a buck!

·
Registered
90 Posts
You did it wrong! You take the $500 ford financing, then in a month, re-finance at the credit union.

My dealer told me that the margins (for Ford) are slim in this car. There's just too much stuff in it to make more than $1200/vehicle. Ford only sells this car to increase it's CAFE.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You did it wrong! You take the $500 ford financing, then in a month, re-finance at the credit union.

My dealer told me that the margins (for Ford) are slim in this car. There's just too much stuff in it to make more than $1200/vehicle. Ford only sells this car to increase it's CAFE.
Dealers are making $1200. Ford makes a lot more than that. They are selling this car because there is a much increased demand for a more upscale small "economy" car.... not because of CAFE standards.

I think you are thinking of GEN II Focus. [werd]

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

Haven't done it yet! Those were just the #s when I ordered. They don't finance until it's delivered. I still have time to decide.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You can join the Mustang Club of America for $50 and get a X-Plan pin (gives you very close to invoice price) if your employer isn't part of it.
You can get X-plan for $40 at EAA.org

Just have to join then get an X-plan pin at EAA.org/Ford

Just be ready to receive a lot of airplane magazines in the mail...

PS: This was not my finding, and I take no credit for this.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You can get X-plan for $40 at EAA.org

Just have to join then get an X-plan pin at EAA.org/Ford

Just be ready to receive a lot of airplane magazines in the mail...

PS: This was not my finding, and I take no credit for this.
I used the EAA for my X-plan pin, the only caveat is that you must be a member for 30 days before purchasing. So if you order the car and join the EAA the same day no problem......
Also when ordering tell them you want to use the X-plan and they should print out the order confirmation with the X-plan pricing and all the little fees like advertising and dealer documentation (Limited to $100, which is a blessing in Florida as most dealers charge up to $600)...
You wont need the pin until you actually sign the purchase agreement when the car is sitting in front of you.

·
Registered
355 Posts
X-Plan. I've bought four vehicles over the last 10 years with it, and it is nice to be treated with respect and dignity by the delaers. It's usually within 1-2 hundred dollars of dealer invoice. No haggle, $75 doc fee (this can be in excess of $500 at some dealers), and they show you the invoice price.

My list was $29,085 and I got it for $26,300. With trade and rebate I was out the door at $21,800 w/ 2.49% financing.[cheers]

·
Registered
263 Posts
I didn't have X-plan or any rebates/incentives but still got the car for $500 over invoice. They told me they wouldn't go any lower because it was a titanium and they were in high demand.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got the Sedan SE

Grey Metallic
5-speed
Red Tuscany Interior
Sport Package
Rapid Spec 203A
Winter Package
Moonroof
Exterior Protection

MSRP is something like 22,700 and I got a quote from the dealer with the $500 dollar student discount at 20,600 which I was pretty happy with didn't even need to argue about the price. Gonna see if the ford financing can get me another 500 bucks and then re-finance with NFCU, then also the 750(or 500) from that brochure offer.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts