Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
.Flat Out.
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soooo we just had our last race of the season (which i didn't make, my car was down) and i wanted to know what everyone's plan was for this off season!
i know i've already started on mine! [deviltail]
pics are appreciated!

·
slow
1,734 Posts
I still have 3 events left this year[:p]

No time for planning off season stuff yet.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
sadly our season , is now over too. ran the M-B in the last race. 1st. in gs so much fun, first time in a rwd in a long time so much fun!!

the focus is almost ready, this winter, finish ic piping , re-tune for larger turbo[thumb] bigger tires on smaller rims!lol

still gotta upload some current pics of the project.

thinking about changing out sway bars too,...maybe..lol you know how it is.

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
Not really sure what I want to do. Kona gets 3" exhaust, 3" intake and meth injection. 02 might get some cams. Also some purple crack.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
^^meth injection?? whoa!

Steve, did you jack your car up then put the ramps under your car?? are you upgrading the internals?
yes, i have a tiny garage..lol Upgraded internals will have to wait till next year, then i'll crank the boost up a weee bit [deviltail] my goals are to break 325whp

·
slow
1,734 Posts
I think this winter I'll be shopping for a tow vehicle...

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I'm installing SVT brakes in my focus.
Also I'm working on installing my fender flares to get the proper wide body look going.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
dropped the engine in for a test fit today... got some cutting to do so I can test fit it again start on the frame. Can't WAIT to get this thing autox'ing again. See if I can't beat Mark lol [:p]

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Still debating on changing class ...

But during my off-time from AutoX, I will be focusing more on my suspension - new shocks (already bought) and camber plates - and focusing on better tuning the SVT.

Since we don't exactly have an off-season in TX for AutoX, I am going to just order parts and put them on in one swoop once all the parts I want are in.

-Ray-

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think this winter I'll be shopping for a tow vehicle...
That is what my brother is doing for his E30!

I been eyeing trucks in the next couple years but that will be for my mustang when it is fully build out for ESP. Off season plans for the mustang will be AST 4100s, Strano Sways, Clutch/Fly Wheel, maybe a diff (haven't decided on that yet)

·
Registered
125 Posts
My Focus needs some TLC (get it properly cooling, head gasket, trans rebuild) and I don't want to give up next season while I fix it so I recently got a '90 CRX Si off a guy who was building it for STS but then had a kid. Its a high mileage chasis (240k) but its a fresh rebuilt engine with less than 2k.

It has yellows with GC sleeves, 350/400 springs, ST rear bar, HF front bar and poly engine mounts so it should be a good starting off point. It just needs a few basic maintenance items and it will be ready. It should be a fun project.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I will be working on my MR2 and M3 over the winter. First "mod" was a more economical winter beater---insert 1999 Toyota Corolla. The turbo on my MR2 is most likely on it's way out so I'm looking into a better turbo. The M3 recently had headers intalled. It will be moving from BSP tire index to BSP and getting rims/r comps. I will also be doing at least a front sway bar. I'm considering doing a mid pipe, intake system, new tune and shorter diff ratio.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Now that the holidays/vacations are over, I can start buying parts for the CRX build and the Focus rebuild. Time flies when you're building two cars.

I'm not sure though if I should keep the Focus SMF legal or just build it for flat out autox fun (class be damned)

·
.Flat Out.
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha, we are sort of in the same spot right now!!^^
i just picked up a 97 miata on Tuesday night.. i'm building it for STS while still finishing up my turbo build for my SVT.
i'm thinking about making my SVT a track/daily driver toy, because the Miata is too damn fun! i'll post some photos later. you should post some of the CRX too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts