Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Serious respect for that (your fiberglassed piece, and the whole assembly). It looks clean. The thing holding me back about this mod the most is cutting up the front of the focus.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Serious respect for that (your fiberglassed piece, and the whole assembly). It looks clean. The thing holding me back about this mod the most is cutting up the front of the focus.
That's ultimately why I built the scoop and why I have two of everything. I found out that you couldn't order the matte-black plastic piece without ordering the entire triangle. I had already drilled holes in the old one, so I just pulled it out altogether and made the scoop. After I decided to go another route with my intake, I found that you can't order just the bottom of the filter housing. Le sigh. You live and you learn.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just for fun, here is a pic with it installed (the decal is gone now)-

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
That's ultimately why I built the scoop and why I have two of everything. I found out that you couldn't order the matte-black plastic piece without ordering the entire triangle. I had already drilled holes in the old one, so I just pulled it out altogether and made the scoop. After I decided to go another route with my intake, I found that you can't order just the bottom of the filter housing. Le sigh. You live and you learn.
May I ask what intake route did you go with? Did it turn out better?
Thanks

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I went with just a K&N drop-in filter and the snorkel-delete. For my commute and driving style, that has yielded me with the best mileage but I don't have hardly any 'highway' miles in my commute. Both have dyno'ed with the same power. Ultimately my recommendation depends on whether someone drives a lot of highway vs a lot of town/city.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I went with just a K&N drop-in filter and the snorkel-delete. For my commute and driving style, that has yielded me with the best mileage but I don't have hardly any 'highway' miles in my commute. Both have dyno'ed with the same power. Ultimately my recommendation depends on whether someone drives a lot of highway vs a lot of town/city.
Thanks for the replay. I did the snorkel delete and removed the rubber piece today although forgot to remove from bottom did come out though top with some scraped knuckles also took out lunch box since the one mount tab closet to fender the dealer broke so there is a quarter size hole there, could have it replaced but finally found a dealer that believed me about slipping clutches (automatic) so I don't want to make a stink. I drive highway miles mostly 5 mile stretch to interstate from home and to work minimum speed 50 mph then 50 miles down interstate best mileage was with a tail wind of 44.7 mpg @ 70 mph got 52.9 @ 57 heavy traffic. Thought about the newmission mod but would rather wait for Ford Racing to sale just there snorkel from cold air kit fingers crossed....

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well, I've settled on an intake and want to get this out of the garage. I will go back and edit the first post, but now this is going to be sold as a whole kit. The cost will be $100+shipping and will include everything in the original post along with the scoop and my spare triangle insert. The triangle does not come with the matte black plastic insert. I will write up instructions with pictures on how to finish the scoop and fully install everything. This does not come with the Gates hose and you will need that to connect the box and scoop. This allows you to remove all of your OEM pieces and save them should you decide that you want to swap back later for sale/trade.

I will not break up the kit so please don't ask. I just want all of my extra Focus parts out of my garage.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yeah, I had a few that were interested on the scoop alone. If I wanted to make a little money I could make some, but I can't do it in a cost effective manner. I figure that if someone is truly interested in doing the mod that I can save them $100+ in them to mod and still be able to retain their OEM configuration.

·
Registered
976 Posts
If you change your mind on making me a scoop, I'll gladly pay your cost plus 150% for time and profit, it looks that good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
a. Newmissioned Air box to include lid, filter, and MAF sensor along with spare triangle grill (no matte insert) and fiberglass scoop. I have silicon-ed an adapter to the opening that can be cut out if you are using the radiator hose as your tubing.
b. Fayetteville, NC
c. $100 + shipping via Paypal
d. Photos below
e. Duane
f. Here or via PM

Is your kit still available to buy? How much?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts