Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a. Newmissioned Air box to include lid, filter, and MAF sensor along with spare triangle grill (no matte insert) and fiberglass scoop. I have silicon-ed an adapter to the opening that can be cut out if you are using the radiator hose as your tubing.
b. Fayetteville, NC
c. $100 + shipping via Paypal
d. Photos below
e. Duane
f. Here or via PM

·
Registered
976 Posts
a. Newmissioned Air box to include lid, filter, and MAF sensor. I have silicon-ed an adapter to the opening that can be cut out if you are using the radiator hose as your tubing.
b. Fayetteville, NC
c. $70 + shipping via Paypal
d. Photos below
e. Duane
f. Here or via PM

So what are you using now since you are including the MAF?

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What was the adapter piece you silicon-ed on the bottom? Was that a dryer vent exhaust piece?
No, it was one of the cheap adapters you get from AutoZone for the homemade intake kits. I had some extra aircraft ducting that clamped over it; it's still a 3" hole. To use the radiator hose you would have to cut the adapter out.

This is what mine looked like out of the car-

And with a Newmissioned Typhoon-

·
Registered
976 Posts
No, it was one of the cheap adapters you get from AutoZone for the homemade intake kits. I had some extra aircraft ducting that clamped over it; it's still a 3" hole. To use the radiator hose you would have to cut the adapter out.

This is what mine looked like out of the car-

And with a Newmissioned Typhoon-
Got more pictures of that scoop you have on the bottom that attaches to the triangle? Did you make that? That looks good.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got more pictures of that scoop you have on the bottom that attaches to the triangle? Did you make that? That looks good.
Yes, I made it. It's just a fiberglass piece that I made to fit with my extra ducting. Here is my unfinished piece with my spare triangle insert-

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately, the scoop isn't for sale yet. I need to create an effective mold so that I can vacuum bag future scoops for better strength and easier finishing. This one is just a wet lay-up. It's strong enough, it just takes a ridiculous amount of time to make pretty-

·
Registered
976 Posts
I really don't care about pretty, it will be under the car, and out of sight..LOL I would just paint it black, attach it and call it a day

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've seen that before and been curious. I would swear someone on the forum had installed it, but I don't remember much about it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you make another "ugly" one, let me know, i'll take it..;-)
I second this. I could care less about it not being pretty. Let me know if you have another one for sale. I will take the second one. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts