Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, just registered, hopefully you can help me.

I just brought home my Focus last night, 2012 SEL with My Touch. The issue I'm having is that when browsing the categories for Sirius, the sub-categories under music style will not open. I push "Rock" for example, is says "loading..." then just returns to the previous screen about 99% of the time. Frustrating...

Admittedly, I should have read more than one review about the MyTouch system. CNET liked, I bought the car. Everyone else in the world pointed out how awful it is.....[?|]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Have you called Sirius to register for the free trial period. There is a phone number in your paperwork that has the sirius station numbers. Read the front cover and gather the info they ask for and when you get a live ( or dead depending ) on the phone explain the radio problem to them. Also ask for free trial for the upgraded package

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can direct tune stations so I'm assuming it's already active. It has worked about twice for me as well, seems like a software bug, I was hoping there is something I'm missing

·
Registered
772 Posts
You don't need to call Sirius, they will just get your CC information so they can bill you after the trial ends. It's a MyFord touch glitch. Hopefully all is well when they send us the upgrade in January.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I stopped in at the dealer on the way home and they confirmed for me that it is a MyTouch glitch and there is indeed an update in January/February.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Had a 30 minute talk with our Ford Dealer and he said that the MFT system was released too soon. They wanted it to hit the market and raise sales, but there were too many glitches. According to their regional advisor, the people at microsoft are working daily on the new update scheduled for early 2012. Also he said that it is a fact that our Focus' have more computer technology than the Lunar Module that took us to the moon. So I see why there are so many issues. Also Sirius has a "hidden" package that they do not advertise (call and ask for it only) it is 400$ and it is a lifetime subscription. The Sirius stays with the car until the day it is destroyed. We just got this for my grandparents F150 (Christmas present). Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hey, everyone!

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey yall, just registered, hopefully you can help me.

I just brought home my Focus last night, 2012 SEL with My Touch. The issue I'm having is that when browsing the categories for Sirius, the sub-categories under music style will not open. I push "Rock" for example, is says "loading..." then just returns to the previous screen about 99% of the time. Frustrating...
smizak - [welcome]

Congrats on your new Focus and welcome to the forum! I'm part of the In-Vehicle Technology Team. I'm here to help answer SYNC, navigation, and MyFord Touch related questions.

I'd like to look into this for you. Please PM me your VIN.

Jaclyn

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update to my problem.

Inserted an SD card with some music on it. Seemed to work fairly well for a couple of days. Then suddenly when I select SD card from the radio menu, nothing happens. No warning about "no SD card inserted", just nothing. This prompts me to visit the dealer. They pretty much tell me the only thing they can do is re-flash the software and reset it. I already have 2.11 installed. Sounds like a two hour waste of time. So I tell them that I'll come in if something more drastic happens and I'll just pin my hopes on the update.

So as I'm pulling out of the dealership, I give the card another shot. Insert it, nothing. Hit the SD card button and BLINK! touch screen flashes the Ford logo and goes black. Pull over, turn off and restart car, nothing. So I continue on my way. About 20 minutes into my miserable, no music playing ride [bigcry], the dreaded "Scheduled maintenance" screen pops up. After that plays out, Myford Touch comes back up, yet this time I can browse Sirius channels! Yay it fixed itself!

Not so fast. A little later on, put the SD card back in. Works, great! Tell the voice command to play up some LCD Soundsystem. Songs starts for two seconds then stops and the whole screen freezes. I go get me some Moe's and the screen is still on after I turn off and lock the car. Get back in with my food, turn the key and the wonderful scheduled maintenance is back again. Apparently my SD card is causing the system to crash.

Figured I'd post my experience for when the next smart potential Ford owner does a little Google research into that system like I should have.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
smizak -

I sent you a PM, check it out when you get a chance.

badazz2010focus -

Many of our owners tell us that they love MyFord Touch and are very satisfied with it, but we know that we can further improve the experience. We're listening to our customers and incorporating their feedback as we further evolve the software.

If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me.

Jaclyn

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was just back at the shop today with my radio freezing for the umpteenth time and was told that the new upgrade won't be available for another month and a half - the end of March / beginning of April... Hopefully it will be worth the wait...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Service department told me that most of the new android phones are too sophisticated for the current mytouch system and cause it to lock up... Great - I buy a car for the technology and my phone is too much for it to handle.... 3 months of ownership and 4 service visits to find that they can't fix the problem - only tell me to wait for the new upgrade.... They tell me nicely though... Wonder if I can suspend my payments until the car actually works... Ha...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hey, njsyd.

SYNC will recognize and play MP3, WMA, AAC and WAV files.

In regards to the Performance Upgrade, it's coming this spring! You'll be mailed a USB thumb drive with the latest software already loaded. If your vehicle is equipped with a nav system, you'll also receive an SD card with new and improved map data.

For more info, check out:

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=35502

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3k4iDZyhYE&feature=youtu.be

In the meantime, I'd like to document your concerns. Please PM me your VIN and the name of the dealership you've been working with.

Jaclyn

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Are you comfortable sending me a private message on here?

Jaclyn

1 - 20 of 28 Posts