Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you do it?

I have a 12 SES, 5 spd with FS Werks race exhaust and Steeda CAI. I'm not planning on doing anything else to the car in the near future, and I would like a tune to finish off what I have started basically.

-Mike

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
Yes I do and I only do custom tuning , no canned tuning here lol

I charge 429.00 and 20.00 for shipping , you get the xcal4 Flasher , full custom tune , free tune updates as you add more NA mods , my data logging services where I can remote into your laptop and set up the data log list and do the first data log like I was sitting in the car with you

You can pay with check or MO or us paypal add 3%

Please let me know if you have more questions , more contact info below

Tom

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what's the average turn around time from say when I pay you, to when I would get the package? If it takes only a couple days to a week or so, I would just paypal you, but if it takes you a couple weeks to a month, I'd save the $13 paypal fee and send you a money order.

According to the website, you still list the xcal3. Are you sold out of those? I'd go with the cheaper 3 if you had them. I read one of your posts where you said the only difference you really noticed was just a bigger screen.

Is there a difference from buying from the site then dealing directly with you here on the forum?

Lastly, I know you have a vested interest since you are the guy selling me this product, but it said an average gain of 5-7 horses. While that isn't the largest number, are there any other real performance gains besides outside of just the numbers? I realize that an NA focus isn't a racecar, but being faster is good, and I do have the most basic of bolt-ons as it is.

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
SCT no longer sells the Ford xcal3 , you can still find some places selling them but SCT no longer sells them to dealers so the ones you find are old stock , everything now is the X4

The cost is the same with me or my web site , you will see more then just the peek numbers , you will see better over all driveability , most say better MPG and more

Tom

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, count me in. How do I pay? Also, you don't by chance do tuning on T5 Volvo models do you?

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll take it Tom has a life on a Saturday night, lol. Pm me or let me know your paypal address or however you want me to pay you.I'm in.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Done. Looking forward to it!

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks dude, I got the package. Now I just have to find time to actually do my part between work and two days worth of tailgating this weekend. Hopefully next week i can get the data logging and what not done.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
I think you'll like the tune. It really wakes things up. There won't be much extra horsepower, especially peak power, but it should give you a little extra down low. The real benefits come with the better throttle response and overall driveability. With my Steeda tune I had them adjust the rev hang when shifting which was SOOO much better then stock.

It's the best money I spent on my Mustang, and it should offer similar results to just about any new car. It's nice that Tom can do a lot of the hard work for you. It can be a PITA datalogging without it.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so how do I get the ECU code? I presume I have to follow the instructions in your read me.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I took out my glove box presuming the ecu is somewhere behind the glove box, so I am looking at this. Any ideas? I have no idea what I'm looking at.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, that information is sent via email

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got the file you emailed me, but I can't transfer it to the SCT device. It says it isn't the proper file extension and doesn't show up as a transferable file. What am I doing wrong?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts