Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking to buy a 2012 ford focus MK3 but I thinking of putting the 2015 MK4 front clip on it

Im planning a race build with turbo and converting it to a manual transmission for more control and doing several other mods to increase performance

So I would like the font clip from the MK4 if that possible And if it even wise to for room shake

·
Registered
92 Posts
You're better off finding an ST to mod as that already has what you're looking for. The aftermarket support for the ST is larger than the "normal" Focii too.

·
Registered
2016 535D
301 Posts
I looking to buy a 2012 ford focus MK3 but I thinking of putting the 2015 MK4 front clip on it

Im planning a race build with turbo and converting it to a manual transmission for more control and doing several other mods to increase performance

So I would like the font clip from the MK4 if that possible And if it even wise to for room shake
First: we call the 2015+ focus the mk3.5 since it was just a face lift. The US did not get the mk4 focus
Second: the facelift front end requires you to get the headlights, hood, and front bumper
Third: A "full race build" costs at a minimum 1k for manual swap, 1.6k forged internals(not installed), and another 5k for the turbo kit. You could easily drop another 1-2k on all the odds and ends needed to actually make it work. For the ~$9k you would need on just the drive train, you could have started out on a much nicer platform.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts