Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Which of the following items would you like to see as an available upgrade from the factory?

• Custom Racing Wheels

Votes: 196 29.9%
  • Sport-Tuned Exhaust System

Votes: 357 54.4%
  • High Performance Intake System

Votes: 297 45.3%
  • Turbo System

Votes: 400 61.0%
  • Supercharger System

Votes: 181 27.6%
  • Lowering Springs

Votes: 256 39.0%
  • Rear Sway Bars

Votes: 261 39.8%
  • Front Strut Bar

Votes: 229 34.9%
  • Performance Struts

Votes: 246 37.5%
  • High Performance Clutch

Votes: 216 32.9%
  • Paddle Shifters

Votes: 173 26.4%
  • Sport Steering Wheel

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • High Performance Brake Kit

Votes: 312 47.6%
  • Recaro / Racing Seats

Votes: 291 44.4%
  • Short Shifter

Votes: 219 33.4%
  • Racing Aluminum Shift Knob

Votes: 112 17.1%
  • Aluminum Sport Pedals

Votes: 176 26.8%
  • Navigation System

Votes: 149 22.7%
  • Factory Spoiler

Votes: 225 34.3%
  • Factory Bodykit

Votes: 246 37.5%
  • Carbon Fiber Engine Cover

Votes: 95 14.5%
  • Carbon Fiber Hood

Votes: 125 19.1%
  • Carbon Fiber Dash Accents

Votes: 101 15.4%
  • Rear Head Rest Monitors

Votes: 44 6.7%
  • High Performance Audio System With Subwoofers

Votes: 208 31.7%
  • Microsoft Sync System

Votes: 146 22.3%
  • HID Lights

Votes: 391 59.6%
  • Fog Lights

Votes: 287 43.8%
  • Rear LED Lights

Votes: 280 42.7%
  • Push Button Start

Votes: 249 38.0%
  • Limited Slip Differential

Votes: 121 18.4%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
honestly, i think its foced induction hands down!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I only voted for a few things, like high perf. brakes, factory body kit, and HID headlights because just about everything else can be had way cheaper aftermarket than Ford would charge
Not sure about that. If you void your warranty by putting aftermarket and something happens to your car that wasn't caused by going aftermarket then Ford could say it was caused by you. Also if you have to have a mechanic install everything because you don't know enough about mechanics then you're likely to pay more.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Turbo, and AWD. Nether of these will happen though, mostly because of Fords beancounters. [rant]

·
Registered
14 Posts
coupe

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I would love to see a turbo system and soome sweet Recaro seats in the new car.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Ecoboost. Enough said. Probably won't ever consider buying one without factory boost.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
i voted for a bunch, but mostly the performance aspects of things. While sync is cool, its not the deciding factor for me in purchasing a car. I have my IPOD and only need a cable hook up like i have for my aftermarket HU. While I'd like a turbo, they can be laggy if sized largely for more power, but a supercharger has the linear tq I like (drove a 5.0 for a while, LOW END TQ PWNS!)

·
Registered
38 Posts
i would love to have a paddle shifter option for my automatic and a push button starter like the fiesta and a factory option foar a wide body kit and spoiler that is not ricy

·
Registered
121 Posts
Another vote for the limited slip differential.

Also- don't know if anyone else has done this- when you go to Ford's site the only models offered with a manual transmission are the basic ones. So if you want a bunch of options and the manual transmission you are out of luck, Unless you go for the ST version which I imagine is going to be pricey.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, there should have been a "Select ALL" option there, haha [burnout]

·
Registered
79 Posts
The 2012 Focus ST will satisfy most of these desires. It will have the 2.0L VVT, Eco-boost engine with 247HP. Upgraded suspension and brakes standard. Recaro seats either standard or optional. 6 speed manual box standard - no automatic. Every option is not known but it will be pretty complete as standard. Torque steer non-existent with electric steering. Ford's version of limited slip standard. Bad -You have to wait about 13 months to get one.

·
Registered
357 Posts
clutch clutch clutch... and it has to be rated over 300hp/300lb.ft.... just cause you know people are gonna wanna mod these and would like to touch as little transmission parts as possible...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Another vote for the limited slip differential.

Also- don't know if anyone else has done this- when you go to Ford's site the only models offered with a manual transmission are the basic ones. So if you want a bunch of options and the manual transmission you are out of luck, Unless you go for the ST version which I imagine is going to be pricey.
I hope it's at the same price as my SS 'balt was.... 25K sticker got it for 19K... they better not try to make it in the 30K area... cause people will just go and get a 5.0 Mustang...

41 - 60 of 89 Posts