Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
It has an LED for the light, you cant simply replace it. I heard you need to replace the entire light assembly. Is your light not working? why do you need/want to change it?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Pretty much pry and break the old switch out then install the new trunk switch. Not hard but make sure you have the Correct pry tool so you don't chip the paint. I used a combination of a flat head screwdriver and plastic pry tool to remove mine. I was careful with the screw driver but still so easy to chip the paint

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
The last item, I expect a lot of you will experience is the hatch release(trunk is same) The LED licence plate light is incorporated into the pressure sensitive
handle.

When yours goes.. you will find the Czech made sealed unit is not well sealed and will allow moisture to enter and corrode the area where the LED attaches to the board. FROM JAN 21, 2014

I hope it's not this. Absolutely no prying this out. You will need to open the hatch and remove the liner and the chrome strip from outside. Pretty standard work. 20 minutes. Almost impossible to remove old LED and replace with new one. I tried and gave up up.... Just replaced with new switch(light)

Coming up on 300,000 km

·
Registered
497 Posts
The last item, I expect a lot of you will experience is the hatch release(trunk is same) The LED licence plate light is incorporated into the pressure sensitive
handle.

When yours goes.. you will find the Czech made sealed unit is not well sealed and will allow moisture to enter and corrode the area where the LED attaches to the board. FROM JAN 21, 2014

I hope it's not this. Absolutely no prying this out. You will need to open the hatch and remove the liner and the chrome strip from outside. Pretty standard work. 20 minutes. Almost impossible to remove old LED and replace with new one. I tried and gave up up.... Just replaced with new switch(light)

Coming up on 300,000 km
There is no liner on my sedan near this post.. Just metal I believe. Prying will get this baby out in a sedan. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is no liner on my sedan near this post.. Just metal I believe. Prying will get this baby out in a sedan. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-N900P using FF Mobile
You are absolutely correct. I should have directed my comments at hatchbacks only. Thanks

·
Registered
497 Posts
You are absolutely correct. I should have directed my comments at hatchbacks only. Thanks
cool but that sucks for sedan owners. Wish we had a easier way then breaking the old switch out. Good to know for hatch owners.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced the whole latch/light assembly. The trunk button works but light doesn’t. Checked fuse 65 (2012 focus manual indicated that was correct fuse). Any thoughts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts