Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i purchased a set of LED replacement bulbs. But when i turn them on it flashes then goes off. And i get dipped bulb failure. I can turn them off for a few seconds and repeat is there a setting i can override this with? I'm assuming it is software, not hardware. As the LED bulbs take less power it thinks something is wrong?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I'll start with the obvious: it's a really bad idea to run LED's in halogen housings unless you buy the very specific, well build, high quality, and very expensive bulbs built specifically for this purpose. Talking some Diode Dynamics, Morimotos, and a couple other choices I can't remember right now. The generic bulbs you can buy are simply crap and dangerous to use on public roads with all the light glare they produce. Here's an good explanation as to why: Why Focus Matters for LED Headlights

As to your problem here, what you said is correct so you need to increase the draw. You can add canbus resisters, buy bulbs with the resisters already built in, or at least on some cars, you can get into the car's brain with Forscan and change the settings for the headlights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts