Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up our 2012 Focus Titan Hatch 401A with Nav and Luxury on tuesday and on the way home from the dealer driving west on the 401 I could hardly see the speedometer reading...apparently light sensing cant be adjusted..any input would appreciated. Can it be changed to LED?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Just picked up our 2012 Focus Titan Hatch 401A with Nav and Luxury on tuesday and on the way home from the dealer driving west on the 401 I could hardly see the speedometer reading...apparently light sensing cant be adjusted..any input would appreciated. Can it be changed to LED?
Hi greig17,

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new Focus! You should be able to adjust the brightness of the instrument panel by tapping the top of the control to brighten all interior lit components incrementally. A picture of the button is on page 124 of the Owner's Guide, located here. If it is still not bright enough, you may want to contact your dealer to see if LEDs are an option.

Enjoy your new ride!

~Natasha

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The lighting in the instument panel is a little confusing when using the headlights during the day if one has the wrong option in the menu.
If you turn on the headlights with the menu dimming set to manual, the daytime use of the headlights results in the dash screen getting very dim, even during the day, when the headlights are on.
BUT, the menu item set to automatic the headlights on during the day the dash stuff stays bright.
I guess with automatic the sensor reads it is still daylight and the dash stays bright.

(here the law says if it is raining the headlights should be on (not must, but should,, so light rain ehh, but heavy rain and you're in an accident, you better have had your lights on!)

So for awhile i was like 'in the dark' about what is up with the dimming.. [shameful]

This is like whan I accidentally turned on the rear wiper and had NO CLUE where the switch was... [bawling]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did the tapping on the control button lower left dash but the lighting doesn't sem to respond incrementally...it's either on to night brightness or barely seeable...going back to the dealer to see about led but doubt there's any option... unfortunately this situation has become a safety issue ...

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
did the tapping on the control button lower left dash but the lighting doesn't sem to respond incrementally...it's either on to night brightness or barely seeable...going back to the dealer to see about led but doubt there's any option... unfortunately this situation has become a safety issue ...
Your dealer may be able to determine why it's dim in the first place, so go ahead and bring it to their attention. Let me know how it goes. [:)]

~Natasha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts