Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or are these vehicles impossible to find?....Have been looking for weeks in the Houston area at multiple dealers and seems they almost never have more than 1 or 2 on the lot (of any type/variety of the new Focus)....

Having trouble picking a color when I can't see more than 1 at a time on the lot.

Wondering how long it's going to be before the dealers start getting some real inventory.

·
Registered
968 Posts
My dealer has an SEL hatch (with leather)... I definitely don't see many SE hatches with leather (like mine).

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
41 Posts
bbibb, I know how you feel. I was on a 2 week 500 mile radius hunt for an SEL with leather but no MFT. Not going to happen. I did not want to special order since I had the $750 Ford coupon. IMO, SEL is the best value, and they don't sit on lots long. Optioning up an SE to SEL price leaves a bunch of stuff unavailable.

I ended up with cloth from Tommie Vaughn Ford. My wife wanted the leather. They also had a white SEL with leather, $$ paint, and $$ moonroof.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Tuscany interior package FTW.

Posted via FF Mobile

Agreed, looks what better than what you think it would, really looks upscale IMO.

You houston guys try to come out to our meets. [loveff]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is it just me or are these vehicles impossible to find?....Have been looking for weeks in the Houston area at multiple dealers and seems they almost never have more than 1 or 2 on the lot (of any type/variety of the new Focus)....

Having trouble picking a color when I can't see more than 1 at a time on the lot.

Wondering how long it's going to be before the dealers start getting some real inventory.

Had the same issue, I had dealer try and trade for vehicles out of area and they were no go, so I just ordered what I wanted...

·
Registered
75 Posts
My dealer found an SEL in the color I wanted, with all the options I wanted. Leather was something I didn't want that much, but now that I have it, I like it.
I took them a couple of days to find my car from another dealer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
searching inventory from area dealers I'm sure inventory is based on marketing research and predictions of what they think the consumer wants, all I find is S or SE's in stock and a few SEL or TI's .

Did ford get it wrong or are they selling a a lot of the SE & S models and keep heavy stock in them?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yup, nothing on the lots here in Houston.

I made a trip to Florida and stopped into several Ford dealerships along the way.
I saw my options one by one. I saw the Candy Red, Frost Glass, then I found a Silver Hatch with the black 17's. Then I finally found a car with the Tuscany Red leather. Just one look, thats all it took...

I did get to listen to the 6-speaker sound system on a local lot. But, I never
found a 5-speed anywhere. I ordered one without driving one.

It's working out for me. In splendid fasion.[:D]

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
The leather interior is incredible. Dealers don't like to stock the pricey ones because they're worried they can't sell them. Soon that fear will be over and you'll see more and more top trims out there.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
The leather interior is incredible. Dealers don't like to stock the pricey ones because they're worried they can't sell them. Soon that fear will be over and you'll see more and more top trims out there.

Posted via FF Mobile Idk now that we a few months in tons of dealers are stocking loaded foci. A dealer by me had a bunch of SEs and no SELs in May. Then in June they got two base sels. Now they sold their entire stock, 15 and all they have left are SELs and all of them have leather and Myford touch. These cars are flying off the lots, some are sold before they even arrive. Have not seen any titaniums, but I know a few on long island have them.

And yes the red looks damn good, and its cool they include otherthings in the package like the stainless steel sill plates. The leather on these new fords is damn nice. They had a focus sel with the red seats and a fully loaded first side by side and i was checking out the leather...was very impressed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts