Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car on Saturday and just got into the back seat to put a car seat in for a friend's kid and realized that both of my back seats are not latched at the top if the seat. The push buttons on both sides to release the latch are down with the red line showing and they will not move from the position of being fully pushed down. I tried searching to see if this was a common problem but I did not see anything. Does anybody have any ideas of what I could try? I bought the car from a Honda dealership, they had just gotten the car in and nobody had the chance to play with it yet so nobody knew anything about it otherwise this would have already been fixed. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm new here and I need help [ffrocks]

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought my car on Saturday and just got into the back seat to put a car seat in for a friend's kid and realized that both of my back seats are not latched at the top if the seat. The push buttons on both sides to release the latch are down with the red line showing and they will not move from the position of being fully pushed down. I tried searching to see if this was a common problem but I did not see anything. Does anybody have any ideas of what I could try? I bought the car from a Honda dealership, they had just gotten the car in and nobody had the chance to play with it yet so nobody knew anything about it otherwise this would have already been fixed. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm new here and I need help [ffrocks]
Hmm I think I understand. Are your seat belts out of the way? If they are behind the seat the button wont come all the way up and lock in place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm I think I understand. Are your seat belts out of the way? If they are behind the seat the button wont come all the way up and lock in place.
I did check the seat belts to make sure they were out of the way. When I try latching the seats, it does feel as if there is something like the seat belts in the way, but there is nothing blocking it that I can see.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hmm nothing like behind the seat under the cargo mat area? I'd keep looking for obstructions. Both sides dont latch though? Seem to be stuck the same amount?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had the same problem with the passenger side of the rear seat on my 2103 SE hatchback. I had to slam the seat back against the striker to get it to lock. Unfortunately, now it is nearly impossible to push the button down to unlatch it. But I rarely put the seat back down since my wife drives a Toyota Sienna minivan that we use for carrying large cargo.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I had this same problem. you have to slam it pretty hard. I had to slam it like 4 or 5 times to get it to latch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yep, same here. make sure the belts are out, make sure the buttons arent stuck down (mine were) and slam away.

i hit the brakes the other day and the rear seats folded forward, my luggage in the back came spilling forward. not a big deal, just a few suitcases, glad no one was in those seats though.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi KNC_3,

I recommend heading to your local Ford Dealer, when you get the chance, to have this looked into. Once you have an appointment set up, please let me know, along with your mileage. I'll see how to best assist.

Meagan

·
Registered
53 Posts
Once my 2012 SEL hatchback was in a minor accident (side-to-side collision), and to my surprise the backs (both of them) of the rear seat were folded down from the force of this minor impact. Looks like the real seat top push buttons do not hold well. Before this happened, I did not notice anything unusual about the buttons...
Now imagine that a child seat is attached at the rear seat - it would have been crushed by the folded seat back. It seems to me like a huge safety issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts