Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Focus should be arriving in a week, and I still haven't found a solution for hauling my mountain bike. I currently have an Escape that has a 2" receiver on it, and because of that, I have a bike carrier that fits that,
I could go down the route of buying a 1 1/4" hitch for the new Focus and getting a bike carrier that will fit that, but are there other options? I'd rather keep them off my roof and stick with hauling them on the back.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I have a hitch one like yours but I have seen several kinds that strap to the back of the car. It keeps the bike out of the wind steam but I have never liked the idea of trusting my bike to a bunch of straps. I'd stick with a hitch mount.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't bike much any more, but I used to haul my mb in a Pontiac Vibe with a skewer mount block. So the bike(s) sits upright with the saddle lowered. I also wonder if a bike will fit across the top of the gas tank with the rear seat cushion folded forward. Worth a try.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
^^ Other members have put the bike inside but it takes some maneuvering and you may not want to do it after your bikes all dirty from riding. I know because I have done it in my car before. It can make a mess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts