Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus titanium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2012 focus titanium. She left the lights on the other day and the battery died. She had someone help her beacuse I wasn’t around and they hooked the cables up backwards and now it won’t start. I have power everywhere in the car. All fuses are good It blew the ecu fuse. And I replaced it. . All fuse links are good. I get in pressing the start button. And everything comes on like it’s going to start. Then I get “ engine fault service now”. Any ideas what it could be? Or what to even do to try and get it fixed?

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,423 Posts
As you have found out, bad things happen when cables are reversed. Check every fuse in the car carefully as you may have missed one or two. Disconnect negative to battery for about 15 minutes and then reconnect. See what that does.

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus titanium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  1. As you have found out, bad things happen when cables are reversed. Check every fuse in the car carefully as you may have missed one or two. Disconnect negative to battery for about 15 minutes and then reconnect. See what that does.
    All fuses tested fine. In all 3 fuse boxes. It’s got to be something in the computer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts