Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Audio loud drumming problem

So, this problem occurred on my 2013 focus titanium today and "freaked" me out!!! Even my neighbor came running it was so loud and weird sound. Car was parked in my garage, push button start key fob was in the house and the sound started when I closed the rear hatch door. Had to start and stop the car to make the load drumming noise stop. It's such a weird problem I was surprised to find it on this forum and equally surprised, disappointed to see that the Ford technical folks who contribute to this forum are clueless about the problem and don't seem to be very interested in helping. Seems pretty obvious from other's experience that Ford dealer service depts don't know what's going on either!!! Listen up Ford tech reps out there.....this is a potentially very serious safety issue if it were to occur while the vehicle is being driven. Next time it happens to me, I intend to video record it as a previous contributor (Jurom I think) to this Forum did. Then my video will be emailed to Consumer Reports org and to the NTSB (National Transportation Safety Board). I propose others with this problem should do the same. If enough people send complaints to these organizations, an investigation will be initiated.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Same thing I experienced twice on my ex2012 . Basically walk up to the car open the door with the proximity unlock and the thumping begins. Scared the crap out of me the first time.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
So, this problem occurred on my 2013 focus titanium today and "freaked" me out!!! Even my neighbor came running it was so loud and weird sound. Car was parked in my garage, push button start key fob was in the house and the sound started when I closed the rear hatch door...
Hi budweiser,

I want to look into this so I can see how I can help. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll do the rest.

Same thing I experienced twice on my ex2012 . Basically walk up to the car open the door with the proximity unlock and the thumping begins. Scared the crap out of me the first time.
Hi gostinger,

Since you live in Canada, I recommend that you reach out to my colleagues at Ford Canada so they can assist. They can be reached at 1-800-565-3673.

Crystal

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 Ford Focus SE 4 Door Hatchback

[nono]
My car a 2013 Ford Focus Se 4 door Hatchback makes a very loud static noise when I start my car, it is loud whether the radio is on or off. But when I turn the radio to on it is much louder and there is a popping sound along with the static. It has been doing this for the past 3 months and every day it gets louder and louder. It sound like it is coming from my speakers through out the car. I fear getting shocked or that my car may even catch fire.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just experienced the same thing on my 2012 Focus titanium today for the first time, I see this thread is a couple years old, any solutions to this one yet?
I’m guessing part of the Sony stereo or touch screen.

Just to clarify, it’s a static sound from the front speakers that seems louder than the stereo will even go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts