Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Ford Focus Titanium went nuts when my wife approached it with the keyless device. My wife called me into the garage since she thought someone was in the car or something trying to get out. It turned out the audio system was make a super loud drumming type sound. This was so loud, it was shocking, especially when you open the doors. I got my camera and filmed getting into the car, starting it, and stopping the car. Later, when the lights on the car went out, the sound stopped. I've put the video on Youtube here: http://youtu.be/ZKISw8RcUFw

Needless to say, this seems pretty serious and I don't want it to happen while driving or when we are away from home.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I think the dealer is going to just ask me to reproduce it which we know wont happen when its there (which is why I filmed it in the first place).

·
Registered
967 Posts
Its a MFT audio driver problem if I remember correctly. Only a few people have reported it but it IS a shared issue. So far people have only said it happens when booting MFT which makes sense and it doesn't happen often annnnnnd as far as I know there is no fix. You might want to try pulling the fuse for a proper reboot though but it seems to be very rare for it to repeat time and time again.

That's pretty much all I know.

·
Registered
366 Posts
ROFL !! And I was asking myself if I was going insane, nuts or something else...but hey, looks I'm not alone !!

I had the exact same thing tonite with my SEL...I stopped at the store before heading home:

1-Stopped the car, put the tranny in park and killed the engine. I then removed the key from the started swicth
2- I stayed in the car for 2 to 3 minutes to put some paper work away in my breifcase before exiting the car
3-Got out of the car with my keys in my hand
4-Once out of the car, closed the driver door and while standing next to the closed driver door, I pressed once on the lock icon on my key
5-The rumble began and lasted for at least 10 to 15 seconds and stopped by itself w/o me having to do anything
6-Needless to say it scared the living %&$% out of me.

Add this to the list of weird issues I have.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It has happened to me once. I was getting something out of the trunk when it started. I had no idea what it was. Then a few weeks later my wife was using my car and it did it to her. It freaked her out I have thought about bringing it up with the dealer, but I havent had time.

·
Registered
772 Posts
And I see this is still happening with the updated MFT. It's a shame loyal Ford customers have to deal with this stuff (see you have a new F150 in the garage also). I would be embarrassed if I had friends with me and my car started doing this. I hope your dealer gets this resolved for you. Good luck.

Great job on the video capture, and hopefully your wife wasn't too shaken up by the whole thing. At least it happened at home.

·
Registered
366 Posts
And I see this is still happening with the updated MFT. It's a shame loyal Ford customers have to deal with this stuff (see you have a new F150 in the garage also). I would be embarrassed if I had friends with me and my car started doing this. I hope your dealer gets this resolved for you. Good luck.

Great job on the video capture, and hopefully your wife wasn't too shaken up by the whole thing. At least it happened at home.
In my case, when this demonic possession event took place, I was parked in a busy mart and quite a few people stopped and starred at the car, then me, then back to the car, then me etc...you get the idea?

Talk about been embarrassed [80?]

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Hasn't happened to me (yet) but I'd imagine it is just as embarrassing as trying to explain to someone why you have to pull over and shut down the car because the music volume wants to keep turning itself up no matter how many times you try and lower it (which has happened to me, though not since the update - knock on wood).

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
My 2012 Ford Focus Titanium went nuts when my wife approached it with the keyless device. My wife called me into the garage since she thought someone was in the car or something trying to get out. It turned out the audio system was make a super loud drumming type sound. This was so loud, it was shocking, especially when you open the doors. I got my camera and filmed getting into the car, starting it, and stopping the car. Later, when the lights on the car went out, the sound stopped. I've put the video on Youtube here: http://youtu.be/ZKISw8RcUFw

Needless to say, this seems pretty serious and I don't want it to happen while driving or when we are away from home.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I think the dealer is going to just ask me to reproduce it which we know wont happen when its there (which is why I filmed it in the first place).
This is a first for me, jumon. Have you had your dealership take a look yet? If not, I highly recommend it and please be sure to follow up with us after.

Jaclyn

·
Registered
366 Posts
My guess (and its a guess, nothing more) is that it must be related in some way with the door locking system. The OP experience was caused by his wife getting close to the car with the remote entry key in her pocket. I had the issue while activating the door locking pressing the lock button on my key.

It may be a long shot, but it's worth looking into it, IMO.

·
Registered
409 Posts
This is a first for me, jumon. Have you had your dealership take a look yet? If not, I highly recommend it and please be sure to follow up with us after.

Jaclyn
I know you don't read them all, but there have been a lot of threads regarding this exact issue. My dealership had no clue so they checked the battery to try and make me feel like they did something.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
You should have started talking to the car, telling it that you were sorry that you had to go in. Then you could have 'caved', and gotten back in and started it back up.

I would like to think that this will be my reaction if it ever occurs...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I know you don't read them all, but there have been a lot of threads regarding this exact issue. My dealership had no clue so they checked the battery to try and make me feel like they did something.
I work in the In-Vehicle Technology department so I typically respond to post related to Sync, navigation, and MyFord Touch.

I recommend contacting my partner, Noemi, to see if she's familiar with this concern. Her user name is FordCustomerService.

Jaclyn

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have had this issue 3 times before I talked to the dealer about it. I told the dealer about they did the mft update and asked me to call them if it does it after they do the update. A few days later I had been driving it pulled in the drive way, shut it off and went inside. My wife was out front and came in and told me it was doing it again. I went out and sure enough it was. I called the dealer and told them it was doing it again. The service guy said it shouldnt do it because there was now power to the system. He thinks its a interference of some kind. He then asked me if I had just used sync, Bluetooth, or sirius. I had it on sirius. He then told me they realty don't know what it is, and see if I can get it to do it again. so last night at work ,mind you I had been there for 6 hours before, I went out front for something and I was about 30 feet from it and it started up again. Not to sure how to replicate it, but if anyone finds a pattern please post it up, and maybe that can give the service guys a chance to figure it out.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just my 2 cents, I'm no tech or something, but when it occured to me it was pressing the lock button on my key. when you approched tour car, did you have the remote entry key in your pocket ?

what kind of remote entry system do you have ? the regular one that operates manually with the key or the automatic one thatpicks up your key in your pocket ?

I'm sure it has something to do wiht the lock mecanism

·
Registered
409 Posts
I work in the In-Vehicle Technology department so I typically respond to post related to Sync, navigation, and MyFord Touch.

I recommend contacting my partner, Noemi, to see if she's familiar with this concern. Her user name is FordCustomerService.

Jaclyn
Understandable, although this is only happening on cars with MFT installed (of course that means it could be due to the Sony audio system, which seems likely from my experience with it.)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Have you considered...

...contacting a catholic priest for an exorcism? Clearly there are some restless spirits trying to get out of your trunk. [:0]

·
Registered
57 Posts
I dont expect grease monkeys are going to figure out computer problems or electrical for that matter.
"The service guy said it shouldnt do it because there was now power to the system."

That statement is 100% false.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts