Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[repost]

Someone beat you to the punch.
I believe you're thinking of the ST Concept, not the ST Production model which was just released today, which I haven't seen posted in the 2012 Focus thread.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the seats, I wonder if there will be multiple colors offered on the Recaros.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So in Sept 2010, they announce the ST 'Concept'
Sept 2011, we get the ST production model, which is barely any different than the concept. Still no pricing, still no availability, just more long winded fluff about how it's a 'world car' and identical everywhere....oh, except that Europe gets a whole other BODY STYLE, and three trim levels worth of goodies. All those other world markets will have to keep waiting to find out exactly what it is we get, and when we'll get it and how much we'll pay for the privilege.

I'm getting really tired of these year long strip teases with these production ready concepts.

Just once I'd like for them to bring a car like this out on stage for the very first time, and say 'it'll cost $26xxx, your dealer will start taking orders at the end of the week, and first deliveries will start 3 months from now'.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree, this launch has been dragged out in the streets and beaten to death. I don't want to hear about it again until they have a price.

Ford is already on track to do the same with whatever the EVOS ends up being.

·
Registered
221 Posts
So in Sept 2010, they announce the ST 'Concept'
Sept 2011, we get the ST production model, which is barely any different than the concept. Still no pricing, still no availability, just more long winded fluff about how it's a 'world car' and identical everywhere....oh, except that Europe gets a whole other BODY STYLE, and three trim levels worth of goodies. All those other world markets will have to keep waiting to find out exactly what it is we get, and when we'll get it and how much we'll pay for the privilege.

I'm getting really tired of these year long strip teases with these production ready concepts.

Just once I'd like for them to bring a car like this out on stage for the very first time, and say 'it'll cost $26xxx, your dealer will start taking orders at the end of the week, and first deliveries will start 3 months from now'.
It was posted by people at Ford that the ST would be released roughly a year after the regular 2012 Focus. This is not just for the cosmetic stuff to be worked on, but also to work out the kinks in all those new features and options that showed up for the first time in the 2012 Focus models. Then again, Ford announced the 2012 Focus back in January of 2010, so they DO like to give plenty of time to get feedback from customers and prospective customers.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
so in sept 2010, they announce the st 'concept'
sept 2011, we get the st production model, which is barely any different than the concept. still no pricing, still no availability, just more long winded fluff about how it's a 'world car' and identical everywhere....oh, except that europe gets a whole other body style, and three trim levels worth of goodies. All those other world markets will have to keep waiting to find out exactly what it is we get, and when we'll get it and how much we'll pay for the privilege.

Just once i'd like for them to bring a car like this out on stage for the very first time, and say 'it'll cost $26xxx, your dealer will start taking orders at the end of the week, and first deliveries will start 3 months from now'.
agreed!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.