Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my car little over a week ago not knowing all the issues and about the cars having had a recall and warranty's!
But now I'm having the issue that seems fairly common among these cars. Sometimes when going into reverse it will cut in and out almost like it's shifting in and out of neutral that's the 1st problem I noticed.
Then 2nd is car not shifting then shifts slowly and when going to down gear to get up the road it just goes into high rpm and sometimes will not shift . Then 3rd problem is I've changed the "TCM" but when hooking up my OBD up it's reading "clutch "A" stuck engaged"?
I have read about the clutch actuator A and B I've changed those and still having the same issues? I'm really not sure what eles to do other than changing the transmission but like I've also read people having had some of the same problems I'm having and it be somthing simple ?
Honestly anything helps

·
Registered
2012 Focus SE hatchback black
526 Posts
Yeah, hand it over to the Ford dealer and have them fix it. There's usually no simple fix with the DCT. Other than replacing actuators there's not much you can do yourself with it. If it has under 150K miles on it then the TCM is still under warranty and they will replace or reflash it as necessary. Even if you wanted the trans replaced you'll only be able to get a transmission thru Ford anyway as no one sells rebuilt DCT transmissions due to liability and warranty concerns.
If you replaced the actuators then either the TCM needs a reflash or maybe you have bad shift forks. I've heard that they are also a common problem which again send it to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Correct you have to have that stuff programmed. Can't just replace the parts.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts