Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I concur with the above, p0607+p0884 means TCM usually has to be replaced. I bought mine and already had the engine harness replaced hoping that would fix the issue, replaced the clutch and clutch gasket (it was leaking through the bell housing causing severe slippage) and now 3 tanks after all that, BAM CEL, those codes and its going into the shop AGAIN for a new TCM and possibly PCM. I've spent so much on this car, I wish I had done the research into the recalls before buying it and would have bought a different car.
Hi jiggalla,

When's your appointment? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

·
Registered
3 Posts
andrew.mckillop, did your problem get fixed? I'm seeing a very similar situation with my focus: after a short drive (~5 miles) it'll slip into neutral, refuse to start for a while, and give codes P0884 P0607 and P06B8. Taking it in this Wednesday.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
andrew.mckillop, did your problem get fixed? I'm seeing a very similar situation with my focus: after a short drive (~5 miles) it'll slip into neutral, refuse to start for a while, and give codes P0884 P0607 and P06B8. Taking it in this Wednesday.
Hi skagzilla,

Let me know how your dealer visit goes, along with your mileage. I'll check out some options on my end.

Meagan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks sailor! That was helpful, hopefully my car falls under this (and gets diagnosed that way). I never got this as a letter, so maybe my Focus wasn't one from one of those factories.

Hi Meagan, they were friendly when I dropped it off but I couldn't stick around long enough to hear what they found out when looking at it. Hoping to get a call from them in the next couple of days. I have 44k miles.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Thanks sailor! That was helpful, hopefully my car falls under this (and gets diagnosed that way). I never got this as a letter, so maybe my Focus wasn't one from one of those factories.

Hi Meagan, they were friendly when I dropped it off but I couldn't stick around long enough to hear what they found out when looking at it. Hoping to get a call from them in the next couple of days. I have 44k miles.
Thanks for following up. Please PM me your VIN, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. I'll check out some options.

Meagan

·
Registered
5 Posts
What happened to the others who didn't get the letter? were you able to get it fixed via the warranty program?

The same scary thing happened to us yesterday with our 2012 Focus SE. We had to pull over 5 times during the 20 mile drive. Our car now has 98T miles on it but yesterday was the first time we experienced this. While driving, we lost power on the gas but the RPM is going very high like it's on neutral and the engine light lit up. We were on the middle lane going uphill on a very busy freeway. We had to pull over on a uphill good thing the power comes back after a few minutes resting it but it happens again every after a mile or 2.

Once we got home, I grabbed my OBD Scanner and the codes we got are P0607 CNF, P0884 CNF, P2832 CNF, P0607 PND, P0884 PND, P2832 PND, P0607 PRM and P2832 PRM .

·
Registered
5 Posts
That sounds terrible. I lucked out and got the letter a couple of days after my last post and everything was fixed for free under the warranty. You could check your vin at https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html to see if maybe the recall notice just got lost in the mail. Good luck, I hope it gets taken care of for you and that it's not something else.
Thanks for the reply, skagzilla! I'm covered as per the website. I'll reach out to the nearest delearship. I appreciate the reply![headbang]

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just want to share the update on my car hoping to benefit all other focus owners.

The car recently got serviced via the ford recall program (TCM reprogramming). The service advisor told me that the issue won't happen again because of this recall.

But the car is back to the dealership today via a tow truck. While driving to the dealership, it goes on and off to neutral and it says "Transmission Malfunction Service Now" so I pulled over to the side of the freeway and captured this video. Turned off the engine and then after a minute, i tried starting again but i won't anymore. I tried a lot of times but I just won't fire up again.

What I also notice was, after the TCM reprogramming, I hear crunching noise when driving from stop (lower gears) and then sometimes it won't start right away like you will experience on stick shift cars and the clutch is not depressed enough when starting the car. No crank whatsoever (on the video too).

Here's the video of the error messages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I4Ro9IXhhw

·
Registered
5 Posts
dealership replaced my TCM and the car is back to normal! i hope it stay that way... [unsure] [paranoid] I didn't pay anything because of the warranty extension and recall. It just caused me to miss half day of work and much of peace of mind while driving it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, did replacing the TCM fix the slipping into neutral issue long term? I noticed some of the posting were from 2014 and later.. .

Our 2012 focus had the same problem, and it just came back from the dealership with the TCM replaced. One of the codes on it was p0884. They wrote on the service report that they were not certain as to the cause of that fault code but all seems to be OK at this time. Which... is kinda not reassuring to me as I have 2 little ones and am afraid to drive the car.

Thanks

21 - 32 of 32 Posts