Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you in advance. I'm wondering if there's a way to tune the car to be able to turn off/ default esp/tc off? Also perhaps make the throttle response better. I have the 5 speed MT. I heard of a ST tune I could install? to allow the aforementioned? How do I how about this and how much would it cost?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,027 Posts
Head over to rebeldevilpower.com

They have NA tunes to improve performance and feel for you.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've discovered 3 fuses in the engine bay fuse box and I will be testing them this weekend.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fuses have been tested. Engine bay fuse box. F19 put on the TC light and ABS light. Resetautomatically after replacing fuse and starting car. F8 put on ABS light, TC light, TC light OFF (whatever the difference there is) but also disabled the odometer and speedometer. Steering suddenly became difficult but not entirely sure if that was just in my head. Reset automatically after replacing fuse and starting car. F7 put on TC light, and ABS light. TC light reset automatically after replacing fuse and starting car. ABS light remains.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE: Took possibly ~10 key cycles to finally reset that ABS that remained. I'm guessing I'll lose my speedometer and odometer if I ever plan on rallying the car so I'll need an external dash or something. Regardless, the results of the fuse pulls are useful and they reset which is good for those that rally. I am still figuring out the throttle cut. I cut the pink wire on the brake pedal position connector but maybe i have to cut the black as well. do not cut or pull the green/ red wires as they are for the brake lights. Cutting the pink wire seems to have helped holding off the throttle cut but it still comes one eventually? A "service engine" error comes up now as the power is not being sent back to the powertrain control module (PCM). But nothing else negative as a result of that.

·
FF Affiliate
30,221 Posts
Hit me up I can help with your Tuning needs , Free Unlimited Tune updates as you add more NA mods and been Tuning the Focus for 20 years

Focus-Power.com

Tom

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hit me up I can help with your Tuning needs , Free Unlimited Tune updates as you add more NA mods and been Tuning the Focus for 20 years

Focus-Power.com

Tom
Hey Tom. Can you give me an idea of the cost to get tc and abs switchable from the cabin while maintaining the odometer and speedometer?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So currently ABS and TC is only able to be disabled by pulling I believe fuse 8. However that disables the odometer and speedometer as well. Is there a way to tune the car to only disable ABS and TC perhaps without disabling the speedometer and odometer as well?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts