Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to research on my own and found nothing so far, but i was wondering what my options would be as far as swapping my engine would be?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No just looking for significant power gains, i figure a new exhaust, header, intake and a tune can only do so much. I was looking into turbochargers but i wanted to weigh my options

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a full Turbo kit for your Focus

Tom
Your kit was one of the ones i was looking into, i was also looking around on the forum for info about your tune. I would need to raise a considerable amount of funds before purchasing your kit or even thinking about a engine swap. But thank you for offering you seem to be a helpful person on the forums, but i dont have the money right now as im in highschool and am still paying off my car but i was looking into my options for down the road.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Honestly, if you were looking for considerable gains, you are better off selling your focus and getting something designed more for performance. You could get an 05 or so muscle car used. There would be a much larger aftermarket community. Our cars were designed more as eco cars

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Honestly, if you were looking for considerable gains, you are better off selling your focus and getting something designed more for performance. You could get an 05 or so muscle car used. There would be a much larger aftermarket community. Our cars were designed more as eco cars
WOW have you looked around the Forums much , there is 300,400,500+ HP Focus over the years , many in the 350hp to the wheels , so what its a small cheap car doesnt mean you cant get support and make it very fast

Tom

·
Registered
133 Posts
WOW have you looked around the Forums much , there is 300,400,500+ HP Focus over the years , many in the 350hp to the wheels , so what its a small cheap car doesnt mean you cant get support and make it very fast

Tom
No, you're absolutely right but you can't deny that there is a bigger market for performance parts for cars designed for performance. I love all 4 of the focuses I purchased but there are more mustang and such putting 300+ to the wheels than there are focuses

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
To me fair you would have to take 300 divided by 2.0 then times 5.0 that would mean there 5.0 would have to make 750hp to the wheels , how far does that drop you %

I can find anything I want for the Ford focus from 2000-2017 and at a reasonable price and I can get it to hold higher HP at a lower cost then say a Honda , Nissan , NeonNA , KIA , or most other 4 cyl cars with 2.0 or 2.3 engines

Any moron can take a V8 and make insane HP whats so great about that , for a V8 to be impressive any more it has to be a street legal car making north of 1100hp

Tom

·
w/ my magic bag
29,303 Posts
Your kit was one of the ones i was looking into, i was also looking around on the forum for info about your tune. I would need to raise a considerable amount of funds before purchasing your kit or even thinking about a engine swap. But thank you for offering you seem to be a helpful person on the forums, but i dont have the money right now as im in highschool and am still paying off my car but i was looking into my options for down the road.
Pay it off.......throw extra at the principal.

·
Registered
440 Posts
To me fair you would have to take 300 divided by 2.0 then times 5.0 that would mean there 5.0 would have to make 750hp to the wheels , how far does that drop you %

I can find anything I want for the Ford focus from 2000-2017 and at a reasonable price and I can get it to hold higher HP at a lower cost then say a Honda , Nissan , NeonNA , KIA , or most other 4 cyl cars with 2.0 or 2.3 engines

Any moron can take a V8 and make insane HP whats so great about that , for a V8 to be impressive any more it has to be a street legal car making north of 1100hp

Tom
To expect a 4cyl to get the power gains and stay as reliable as a v8 [even stock, much less modified.] is playing with fire.

Not to mention the platforms the V8s are on tend to be better suited for the power level vs having a 300+hp fwd car understeer/tq steer off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pay it off.......throw extra at the principal.
minimum wage doesnt provide for much "extra" to be able to throw at my loan plus my hours are limited to 30 bc law

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
To expect a 4cyl to get the power gains and stay as reliable as a v8 [even stock, much less modified.] is playing with fire.

Not to mention the platforms the V8s are on tend to be better suited for the power level vs having a 300+hp fwd car understeer/tq steer off.
For a 2.0 to be making 300 a 5.0 would be making 750 to make the same HP to liter would that be reliable ? you have to compare apples with apples

" V8 tend to be more suited for power " , did this mean some or all cause the 4.6 and dozens of other V8 engines sense 2000 sucked

My Turbocharged 2002 SVT has been making 320hp 326TQ to the wheels sense 2002 , 12.9 in the 1320 , over 30 times to VIR and hundreds of laps more at other tracks on the 2002 bone stock engine it came with , thats a good plug for reliability no?

Dont get me wrong I get what you guys are saying , there isnt anything I cant buy for the Focus at a reasonable price to make the HP I want and its far more impressive to see a 400hp focus then a 600 - 700 hp Mustang , maybe thats just me ?

Tom

·
Registered
133 Posts
I may be wrong but I think you're missing the point of the op and his question. He's trying to get power to go fast. I don't think he cares about hp to displacement gains. No one is crapping on the work you have done for this community. We're just saying that with current technology, a v8 is going to have more reliable and easier to achieve power if your goal is over 300.

I am curious too, just for curiosity sake, what type of options someone would have for a swap...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts