Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 focus is having a couple different issues and I am wondering if they are connected somehow. Two days ago when I started my car these symptoms came up out of nowhere. My instrument cluster is completely dead, no lights or gauges working, my radio will only come on the one hour mode and it stays on for > 5 seconds and goes back off, and the time and date only show dashes like --:--. It won't even attempt to set the time either. I was wondering if these problems were related or if all this stuff just happened at the same time. Also if anyone knows what the problem/problems is/are. Thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
My 2012 focus is having a couple different issues and I am wondering if they are connected somehow. Two days ago when I started my car these symptoms came up out of nowhere. My instrument cluster is completely dead, no lights or gauges working, my radio will only come on the one hour mode and it stays on for > 5 seconds and goes back off, and the time and date only show dashes like --:--. It won't even attempt to set the time either. I was wondering if these problems were related or if all this stuff just happened at the same time. Also if anyone knows what the problem/problems is/are. Thanks so much in advance!
Welcome to the forum!

Have you had the chance to talk with your dealer about this? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok sorry it's taken me so long to reply to this post. I'm still having the same issues. The car runs and drives fine it is just the electrical components on the inside of the car are not working. I have checked all of the fuses that have anything to do with the radio or the instrument cluster and they all look good. I have noticed a couple other things that aren't working right thought. When it is dark outside my window buttons light up like they are supposed to but the headlight switch or the gear selector or the controls for the heat and air do not light up. Also I checked the air conditioner to see if it works but it does not blow cold air. Again, all of these problems happened at once with no warning at all. I am open and appreciative of any and all suggestions. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Ok sorry it's taken me so long to reply to this post. I'm still having the same issues. The car runs and drives fine it is just the electrical components on the inside of the car are not working. I have checked all of the fuses that have anything to do with the radio or the instrument cluster and they all look good. I have noticed a couple other things that aren't working right thought. When it is dark outside my window buttons light up like they are supposed to but the headlight switch or the gear selector or the controls for the heat and air do not light up. Also I checked the air conditioner to see if it works but it does not blow cold air. Again, all of these problems happened at once with no warning at all. I am open and appreciative of any and all suggestions. Thanks so much.
No worries! :)

I recommend setting up an appointment with your dealer to have this diagnosed. Once you do, please let me know, along with your mileage. I'll check into some additional resources.

Meagan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts