Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Even though Ford's light vehicle sales were up seven percent in August of this year versus last, the company is running low on a very popular product: there simply aren't enough of the 2012 Focus to go around. The company's sales analyst, George Pipas, said it's because there isn't enough inventory, with 5,500 Focuses in stock at the end of July.

It's a good problem to have if that's the real cause, but it's still a problem. Focus sales declined more than 12 percent last month, year-on-year, and it was outsold by the Cruze by more than 7,000 units. Pipas cited the process and supplier issues at the truck factory that was refitted to build the Focus, but said that inventory levels were expected to return to normal in Q4. Then we'll find out if the the summer slump after May's high of 22,303 sales is due to supply.

The Focus is doing Ford well in other ways, though, with Ford's VP of marketing, sales and service saying that the average age of Focus buyers has dropped by eight years, California customers are leading the pack and they are trading in imports to go domestic.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Supply problems? Yeah. In a major metro marketing area, not a single Focus i would even consider. A search lead me to a small dealer in a farm town 60 miles away. That was the ONLY car in 200 miles.
Locally only a few, all auto tranny. The few manual transmission were "S" stripped down models, and only in black or silver.
So if no one can find a car they like, most will NOT bother to order one, they will go buy some other brand car. ((and i would guess some of those almost Focus buyers went and bought a Chevy...))
(I assume most folks are not Ford crazy like some of us.) [loveff]

·
Registered
62 Posts
There are tons of them in NJ. The two dealers near me in NNJ have at least 5 of 'em sitting on the lot (each).

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
There are tons of them in NJ. The two dealers near me in NNJ have at least 5 of 'em sitting on the lot (each).
Yeah, but it looks like you ordered a car anyway, instead of taking one of those on the lot?

I my area, the more than a dozen dealers each have several on hand. But not one with anything near what i wanted on my car.
None carries manual tranny cars, (the few that do have one it is a base S with nothing, in silver or black), and then the majority of cars sitting are dull, no biright colors left..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, but it looks like you ordered a car anyway, instead of taking one of those on the lot?

I my area, the more than a dozen dealers each have several on hand. But not one with anything near what i wanted on my car.
None carries manual tranny cars, (the few that do have one it is a base S with nothing, in silver or black), and then the majority of cars sitting are dull, no biright colors left..
You are correct, I ordered mine largely because I wanted a manual trans. There are none with manual, but a number of cars with automatics...

·
Registered
45 Posts
There are lots' of them in NY, NJ, & CT. I know because I've been checking dealer inventory for weeks.

The only lack of supply is with the Titaniums here.

Some dealers have 10 Focus', but none of them are Titaniums.

My dealer searched other dealers for 2 weeks to find one for me.

I may get it this week....[:)~]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts