Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If are interested in buying the all new, next-generation 2012 Mk3 Ford Focus which model would you buy? 5 door hatchback or 4 door sedan?

I really like the styling on both the hatchback and the sedan. The choice is actually quite difficult for me. Right now, I'm heavily leaning towards the 5 door hatchback. I've never owned a hatchback car before so it would be a new experience for me.

What do you guys & gals think?

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hatchback

The hatchback is what i would choose. Also the hatchback is not in production for the U.S. as we speak. Fordtec out!

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Where's the poll?

I would only get one if it met 2 criteria.
1. 2 door hatch
2. Eco-Boost Engine

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hatchback is what i would choose. Also the hatchback is not in production for the U.S. as we speak. Fordtec out!
The all new 2012 Focus is going to come as both a 5 door hatchback and 4 door sedan. We all know there is no hatchback available right now, unfortunately, only sedan and coupe for the U.S. and Canada.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where's the poll?

1. 2 door hatch
2. Eco-Boost Engine
All you have to do is write in and say what you like, 5 door hatchback or sedan. No poll with the fancy colored graph is necessary. We are talking 5 DOOR HATCHBACK here not 3 door hatchback. Although a 3 door hatchback might be available with a future ST or RS model.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
But thats my opinion, sorry if you don't like it. It has to meet both of those or I wouldn't get it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Where's the poll?

1. 2 door hatch
2. Eco-Boost Engine
Agreed (mmm ecoboost) [thumb].
Hot hatch all the way for me with SVT trim please [hihi] [headbang].

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Hatch has my vote...caught this on the way home from work (metro Detroit) yesterday. Not the best shot/angle, but it's as close as I could get next to it with traffic.

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
Coming from someone who LOVES the first gen ZX3 and HATES the sedan Focus... I actually like the 2012 sedan more.

There's something about the 5-door hatchback which makes it like a mini-minivan. If they offered a 3-door model this wouldn't be a problem. The same applies to the Fiesta.

Very few cars can pull off the 5-door hatchback sporty look (Mazda3, Impreza, GTI, etc.)... aaaaand I'm sorry but the 2012 Focus just doesn't do it for me. At the very least the sedan looks pretty nice though.

PS: ZX4STDoug, hate to break it to you but that's not the 2012 model. Still pretty, but once again even the Euro version's 3-door looks better than the 5-door in hatchback trim. ;-)

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
if they go w/ those tails, don't know if i'll be getting one! not really a fan!

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
Highly unlikely they'll change the design at this point. On the plus side there aren't any ugly sidemarkers. I like how they did something similar to the new Impreza where they wrapped the lights around, so they could integrate the sidemarker inside the housing rather than a stupid separate rectangle. This is how all cars should be designed in order to eliminate the US DOT sidemarker requirement. Except they shouldn't go too overboard with sweeping the headlights back. I'm seeing more and more ugly designs where the headlights are practically touching the A-pillar. *cough* Fiesta *cough*

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
All you have to do is write in and say what you like, 5 door hatchback or sedan. No poll with the fancy colored graph is necessary. We are talking 5 DOOR HATCHBACK here not 3 door hatchback. Although a 3 door hatchback might be available with a future ST or RS model.

Posted via FF Mobile Well sorry to break it to you, but most people on this forum will respond the same way.

I think both of them look great and I dont really like sedans, more of a hatchback guy. But, I need a three door in order for me to buy a focus.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
The utility of a hatch is hard to beat. So therefore...Hatch!

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
I like both models, but I would choose the hatch. Like SOCOonFused said, the utility of the hatch is hard to beat. Of course an eco-boost motor would be very nice indeed. [headbang]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts