1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Modding brand new cars tends to be more expensive than modding older ones.

Give it a few years and the coilover will drop to $800 and you'll see drop springs from places like Eibach and Steeda.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Modding brand new cars tends to be more expensive than modding older ones.

Give it a few years and the coilover will drop to $800 and you'll see drop springs from places like Eibach and Steeda.
Oh for sure I agree, but these are coilovers that supposedly "fit older models" it's not like it only fits the '12 model you know? but yeah there isn't a whole lot of crap out there available... really wish we could import Euro parts somehow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
h&r isn't selling them directly from their site?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I would be pretty leery of a claim they fit second generation AND the 2012.
The 2012 is really a whole new car. And i would bet they do not fit properly.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The 51660 H&R coilovers will only fit the 2012 Focus, and as for Euro parts, they're made in Germany. H&R wants $1,480 for the kit, so even with shipping costs, I could get the kit from jscspeed for over $200 less than from H&R.

I put the 51668 H&R coilover kit on my 2007 ST and besides the fact they were noisier than the stock Ford suspension, I loved them. They made a HUGE difference in handling, plus you can drop your car as low as you like.

I'm going to get a set for my 2012 Fofo, I've just got to talk myself into dropping the $$$, because like cappa said, yikes.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Eibach offers drop springs already for the 12. 1.5" drop isn't worth the money for me. These prices are exactly in line with identical products of theirs for other cars. Good parts cost money.

Those K-Sports are not right, the website could be fake for all I know. The Focus now has 3 completely different suspension setups through its lifetime.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Does anyone have these installed?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts