Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought the car 2.5 years ago, its sitting at about 126k miles. This was my first time buying a car and I overpaid way too much. I expect to take a loss if this thing dies before I pay off the loan.
My car does the usual shudder. It's way worse now that I live in a city with a lot of traffic and hills. Today when I backed out of a parking space, I put my car in drive and it wouldn't accelerate. It revved up like it was in neutral. I tried VLC – Download VLC Media Player for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS to then Tweakbox reverse, same issue. Is this the beginning Appvalley of my transmission going out? Am I in danger of my car doing this while I'm driving? I want to keep this car for as long as I can without paying for any major repairs.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have a 2014 se and the same thing happened to me this past October at a red light after i got off the freeway, light turned green and car just revved up and went nowhere, put it in low and it went. The next day i took it to the dealer and had my second clutch pack and tcm put in under warranty at 78k miles. Now it drive great again and shifts are fast at about 3k rpm, it almost feels like its tuned. I'm at 84k miles, my first clutch was replaced at 40k miles. I know i'm probably on borrowed time with the clutch, but i just paid car off and wouldn't mind driving it for a few more years and save money.

So anyway my advice is to take to dealer and see if you can get clutch replaced on warranty, if out of warranty its about a $2200 job the dealer told me. I might pay it if my clutch goes out again in a few years, but i'm not sure yet.

Anyway, i rambled on, so good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been to Ford 10 times. I usually got just the usual "we'll program it" but a new clutch system once a new TCM after my car wouldn't get out of 2nd gear and still sitting here with major issues. 60k miles now but its paid off so not sure what to do.
Nox Vidmate VLC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts