Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I'm desperately searching for answers right now. My boyfriend owns a 2012 focus, and it's had a few problems lately. Back in February, the car broke down and we had it towed to the dealership. They said it was something to do with emissions, and they fixed it. Well about a month ago, the check engine light came on, and it was a small emissions leak. Last night we drove about 2 miles up the road, and the car just dies. The oil light came on, he just did an oil change a month ago, and there was plenty of oil. The oil light is off now I believe. When he puts the key in the ignition, all the electrics seem to be working properly, but when he tries to start the car, it just cranks and cranks and won't turn over. We checked the battery and it was fine, and we also put it on charge, still nothing. Any ideas??

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
The oil light will turn on any time the engine stalls, so that's not a worry (as long as it goes out when cranking/running).

No great ideas myself, beyond checking the manual for a possible fuel pump reset (used on earlier models, don't know how the safety function works on these) and looking for a blown fuse that would relate to engine/ECU/TCM/fuel pump operation.

Assumption is that it is cranking, and just won't run (turn over is a synonym for cranking).

Luck & Welcome to FF

1 - 2 of 2 Posts