Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Quarter Tank Racer
2,124 Posts
But are they really still benchmarks? Idk about that...you hear about that less and less now, and I feel like they are yesterdays news. They have become more expensive and have gained weight....some even feel they have gone soft. They are no longer those inexpensive, nimble "super cars" that they were when they were the benchmarks. True the WRX is fast and now looks just like its older brother (which makes the STi even more pointless to own now...unless you like wasting your money and spending 8 grand more), but I bet if you put them back to back...the ST would handle better, feel lighter and more nimble and be more fun to drive. Lets bring up the Lancer...first off its gained alot of weight since we first fell in love with that epic 8th generation. Also, you can only get a manual trans with the GSR...the other Evo's even the top of the line MR only come with Mitsu's twin clutch gear box (but unless your a die hard Evo fan and you ACTUALLY have a Mitsubishi dealer by you, your not going to bay 40 grand for an Evo, I know I wouldn't. Even the ralliart can only be had with this transmission.

In the last Motortrend comparo of hot hatches, they had the GTI, MS3, Ralliart, and WRX go head to head. Guess who won....the more refined, more nimble GTI. Yes it was the slowest and least powerful, but it offered the most fun for your money and the most engaging ride. The Ms3 came in second and the WRX and Lancer brought up the rear in that order. Autos to compare to...yes, but benchmarks? No longer.

Oh...and lets do it!!!!! HAHAHA. Theres this guy that lives in my town...never seen him. But in the past 6 months I've seen 3 different vehicals from ford in his driveway before they were available to the public. First it was a Fiesta hatch, then it was new Edge, then it was the new Lincoln version of the Edge. All of them have Michigan plates. I've never seen the person but I so want to just knock on his door and be like..excuse me, what the hell do you do???? Because I want in!
That's a good point, things have really changed in the sports compact segment in the last five years...would make a good show if we were lucky enough to acquire some cars. I'd be in. [popcorn]

·
VEKTOR PLATE
5,657 Posts
i gotta check some option out. like the upgraded stereo. (if there is one) i hope the st has a realy good sound system wit ha sub. so that all i ahve to do is sound deadening i nteh car.

·
Registered
496 Posts
but, if you go to the features page for the powershift 6 speed, you'll see a center stack with PRND (wait for it) M

bumpstick for sure, paddles doubtful, but i'm a bit stoked.

·
Registered
542 Posts
At least it's gonna have about 160hp and 154ft/lbs + new six speed = AWESOME. I'm sure it will be a good bit quicker than the current Focus stock.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The pricing totally rocks for the new 2012 Focus! Hatchback in Kona Blue Metallic w/Powershift for me. Either an SE or SEL. Amazing that I even like Blue Candy and Yellow. In fact, just about every color looks great on the new Focus. Just goes to show you how incredible this design is.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile^^^^ Agreed, Im interested in seeing if the yellow is more yellow or if its more bronze though.

Oh and the powershift is getting buttons on the stalk supposedly.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
i gotta check some option out. like the upgraded stereo. (if there is one) i hope the st has a realy good sound system wit ha sub. so that all i ahve to do is sound deadening i nteh car.
I would imagine the top spec audio package that is offered in the Titanium will be the same for the ST
MyFord Touch and Sony Package
-Sony 10-Speaker Sound System with Subwoofer
-MyFord Touch (8" Touch Screen Display)
-SIRIUS Satellite Radio with 6-month pre-paid
subscription (48 Contiguous States). Service not
available in Alaska or Hawaii.
-HD Radio

There is talk over here in Euroland that Ford will offer a wagon ST[:0]

Also some are saying chances of the wagon being added to the Focus stable for North America is being seriously considered.
Here is a little snippet Fords C car boss Gunnar Herrmann, giving an indication the beauties of One Ford and the benefits of 80% shared parts, plus when a vehicle is designed from the ground up to meet all global standards.
"currently there's not plans to introduce diesel versions to the US, specifically on the wagon derivative. This car is developed to meet global standards, so effectively it could be offered in the US, however, at this stage we do not have detailed plans to offer the unit in the US, where there are market studies ongoing to determine the demand for such a product. It is certainly a very attractive and high-volume product in Europe. ^GH

Also Fords C car boss Gunnar Herrmann made an interesting comment regarding a 3 door of some sort down the road.
read very carefully Mr.Herrmann's very careful explanation on why no 3 door Focus at this time.

" Regarding the questions about the 3-door, from an industry perspective, this segment continues to shrink. It is the way we have executed 3-doors in the past, but it is decreasingly a popular body style which has led to our decision to drop conventional 3-door body style. What we have introduced here in Paris, are the high volume derivatives. Following up on the 3-door, we are looking more closely at image products, carrying more emotions, but this is clearly a part of future planning so not yet ready to show. ^Gunnar Herrmann"

Hello.........after reading these remarks such as dropping Conventional 3 door, and we are looking more closely at "image products" carrying more "emotions" makes ones imagination start to fly in wonder what goodies are in store.

·
Registered
855 Posts
^Very interesting. Good find. I'm excited about the Focus future. I hope we get both the wagon and 3-door.

And Wagon ST?! That's crazy talk!(Crazy awesome)

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile Hmm, that makes me feel like they are either going to reserve the three door for the RS or maybe they are making something like the Puma concept that was shown a while ago.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The new Focus wagon looks incredible! I definitely hope it's something that Ford is considering bringing to North America.

·
Registered
855 Posts
^yep, read an article in the Detroit Free Press today about the focus, they said they're doing research on seeing if they should bring it over. So hopefully they will, I thought the older wagons sold pretty well.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile Supposedly they are questioning the C-max as well, the 5 door. Word was we'd be getting the grand c max which is the seven door to compete with the mazda5 and other upcoming small wagon mini mini vans.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts