Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago I took my 2012 Focus into the dealership to replace the blower motor. 2 weeks later I noticed my car will not lock/unlock from the inside. When I push the button on the center dash it sounds like it wants to lock/unlock but will not engage and the orange light will not come on. The car will lock/unlock from the key fob though.

I had a feeling the dealership screwed something up when replacing the blower motor. They "cut me a deal" for $58 to diagnose it because my car was just there. They are stating the issue must be coming from inside the doors themselves and now wants another $250 to diagnose because they want to take the door panels off. Does any of this make sense?

·
Registered
148 Posts
It may have something to do with it but after two weeks it makes it more unlikely to the dealer I would think. If you cannot do the troubleshooting yourself then I guess you have to trust them or get a second opinion. No good mechanics you could try, recommended by someone you trust? Might be time to find one, the dealer is more expensive and you don't know who is working on it each time.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
If they were working before, it's highly unlikely that some thing is all the sudden wrong inside all four doors.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I wouldn't think the problem would be in the doors because they lock/unlock fine with the key fob. The problem is more likely that dash button switch.

I don't have that on my 2001 SE wagon, but the dash switch to unlock my rear hatch stopped working years ago. I can unlock it with the key or the key fob, so I haven't bothered with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts