Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
more HP would have been key.......230HP turbo should be avail. 140 is alittle outdated and childish if you ask me. Is it too much to ask????
For the base engine I see nothing wrong with 150hp and tq. 1.6l turbo is coming and possibly the 2.0L in the hi-perf. version. Chicago was just this past week, and some new Ford stuff was revealed like the new Edge and the EV Transit Connect. Geneva is coming up, just around the corner, and even more Ford news should be covered there...possibly more stuff on the 2012 Focus. Being the big Euro show, I'd assume they will have something thats a pretty big deal that has to do with the Focus.

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
^Of which is also subjective because I think that the USDM 00-04 front and rear end are hideous, both ZX3/5 and sedan, and the redesigned 05-07 front end and sedan rear end was a great improvement on a terrible design.
That's why I said on the flip side of the coin when referring to my opinion. Anyway, I guess it just goes to show Americans really do have no taste when the ugly-ass redesign is considered a more attractive car. [xx(]

·
Registered
411 Posts
you know what? The thing positive about the current gen is: the reliability looks REALLY promising unlike the first gen. (2000-2007)

probably worse from 2000 to 2004 since we had zetecs or older engines from previous cars.

·
Registered
411 Posts
^Of which is also subjective because I think that the USDM 00-04 front and rear end are hideous, both ZX3/5 and sedan, and the redesigned 05-07 front end and sedan rear end was a great improvement on a terrible design.
the svt looks better than the 05 to 07. in my opinion. but i agree the basic cars are a not that ''good'' looking.

00 to 04 looks more agressive than 05-07

the front bumper and front grille on the basic 00-04 is hideous. really.

EAP svts are the best lookin focuses ever. They only need the european grille to be even better.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
I don't understand where all this gen stuff you guys are getting is from. It's essentially still 1 generation in the US. What's this one the Mk 1.7? lol

The only big differences are how many doors it has and a lack of a rear sway bar on several trims.

Mixed feelings about 2012 styling-wise but it's looking much better than today's.

·
Registered
205 Posts
This article was a complete waste of time by a total douche-bag. The next Focus is designed to compete with the Golf in Europe and the US. The current Focus is designed to compete with Nissan Sentras, Toyota Carollas and base Civics. Completely different market segments. In fact, I'm quite positive that we will see LOWER volumes of new Focus sold, but Ford will be making more money on them.

I think this douche should start saying how the BMW 330 is so much nicer than the Fusion, or a Cayenne is more beautiful than an Explorer.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I just purchased my 2010 SES with full knowledge the 2012 was on it's way. I knew I wasn't going to pay over $20k on a fully loaded focus and seeing the estimated $27k is crazy. I paid $17k for my new 2010 SES with moon and tune and heated leather seats a little over a week ago and I will have no regrets and no intentions of purchasing a 2012. [thumb]

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well I sure hope the new one is better. But the current one is a bad car at all. At least not as bad as he makes it out to be. Besides he's just commenting on styling which, let's face it, is very subjective.

I've never been a fan of the 05-08 styling. But the 2010 Sedan actually has a bit of appeal.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I like the 2010 SES darkout treatment, front and rear. Will keep this a few years, if nothing breaks. Will let the new 2012 "teeth" for a few years, before it is seriously looked at. If the RS does come to NA, then will look at that...a lot.

My wife really loves this car (compared to her new FIT), and prefers to drive it instead.

Got it loaded too. Some of the options are frivolous. You only live once.

Charles

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile I dont think a fully loaded focus will go north of 25k. Ill assume fully loaded out with every option and accessory will he like 24,500. I dont see the focus going north of 25k in NA forum. But the top focus dubbed the titanium ediion is going to have a ton of options including myford touch system, manual shift capable powershift transmission, heated steering wheel, heated/cooled seats, push button start, leather and leather wrapped dash...and when u include all the other usual options 25k is not that bad of a deal. The focus should be priced simiraly to the mazda3 and VWs golf and jetta. 17k is a good price for a fully loaded focus...and you probably would of got a mid range version of the 2012 focus. Which to be honest probably wouldnt of been bad at all lol.

Its going to be more expensive but people need to remeber it is going to be SIGNIFICANTLY better then the current focus.

·
King of all blacks!!
2,676 Posts
^^ The only thing is,at the point that you're paying close to 25K for a loaded up Focus,you can get the same features in a Fusion for about the same price(or less if Ford decides to have rebates on it,which they likely will). And recently some of those have been going for $17-18K.

·
Registered
502 Posts
For $25k I would be taking a serious look at the 5.0 mustang even in basic trim.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Also did a lot of soul-searching, with the Fusion, Fusion hybrid, and 'tang. The hybrid was crossed-out, because nearly all of my driving is highway. The 7 grand extra for it, didn't justify, in my case. My wife had a Fusion she traded for a FIT, and it was a very decent auto, but @ 26 mpg, was 9 mpg behind my first ('09) Focus. The Mustang did beckon, a lot, but the mpg would suffer, under my right foot.

I have an R1, which satisfied any craving for adrenaline. Can't ride any more, as of several weeks ago. After nearly 40 years of motorcycling, the last 25 with superbikes, it's a bitter pill.

Anyway, it would take a mondo ride, to supply the same rush as the R1.

Charles

41 - 60 of 78 Posts