Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
because race car
1,948 Posts
I don't mind the current focus. It doesn't look exciting but It's got some cool features

·
Registered
162 Posts
I obviously don't mind the current model-- it's not flashy but it's generally clean and a good all around handler. I might consider the new Fiesta or the Focus in the future but I'm in no hurry.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
ill think about the fiesta for sure when it hits dealers this summer... i fell out of love again with the new focus its too over styled for my liking :(

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
Styling is subjective. How can you quantify it? What one person finds appealing another may find appalling. I might say some of you are taking this "comparison" too seriously. But then again, I agree with the comparison. [:D] Although I don't think it's necessary to devote so much space to what can be said in one sentence, which is: the new Focus is clearly a better-looking car than the current North American Focus.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile. The review is pretty stupid...although it is treu, but duhh the mkiii is tye next generation its supposed to be better in everyway. Actually it should be two times better since the US basically still has a first generation focus. The current focus is not a bad car...it has many great qualities about it. Its lighter then most compacts, more fun to drive, class leading fuel economy, and its inexpensive. Unfortunatly its basic technology under the skin is way outdated and 10 years old. You were buying a 2010 but werent really getting anything much different besides a new outfit then an 05. Which is why i got hit with bad reviews...it just didnt keep up with the times. Now we finally have a new focus with new tech and a new chassie, engine and powertain. I cant wait to see specs, reviews, and have a seat in one...which im hoping will be out by the ny autoshow and i can sit in it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
^^Me too!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yeup...new version too kiddie-glittered for my taste. 2010 SES looks a bit better than previous versions, but still a hohum econobox, that gets fair gas mileage. It filled my need for a hohum econobox, with a few luxuries.

I have a suspicion that the new Focus decked, will have a shocking sticker.

And for owners of all Foci previous, LET THE DEPRECIATION BEGIN!!

Good things do come to those whom wait, so 2 years for the problems to be ironed-out on the new one, doesn't seem like a long time.

EDIT; Oh! The tester whom said the Focus has more road noise than a Honda FIT, hasn't driven a Honda FIT, or a Focus. I have both new vehicles in the garage, and the FIT is a pile of camel dung compared to the Ford. No BS.

Charles

·
Registered
294 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile. The review is pretty stupid...although it is treu, but duhh the mkiii is tye next generation its supposed to be better in everyway. Actually it should be two times better since the US basically still has a first generation focus. The current focus is not a bad car...it has many great qualities about it. Its lighter then most compacts, more fun to drive, class leading fuel economy, and its inexpensive. Unfortunatly its basic technology under the skin is way outdated and 10 years old. You were buying a 2010 but werent really getting anything much different besides a new outfit then an 05. Which is why i got hit with bad reviews...it just didnt keep up with the times. Now we finally have a new focus with new tech and a new chassie, engine and powertain. I cant wait to see specs, reviews, and have a seat in one...which im hoping will be out by the ny autoshow and i can sit in it.
I agrree with you, its supposed to be 2 times better, and in some ways it will be, but dont forget the price increase will level the mk3 focus to new rivals..
oh and its not really a "new" chassis/platform.. its carried from the mk2 rest-of-the-world focus..

I personally like today's Euro version more than the '12 especially the ST or RS.
ME TOO, like a thounsand times better...
BUT let's wait for the performance version(s) of mk3
I used to like mk1 st170/svt and mk1 rs better that the mk2 "normal" car when it came out, but then th ST came and omg, the the facelift ST and finally the RS... so i'll just sit back and enjoy
wait for the performance focus [cheers]

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
And for owners of all Foci previous, LET THE DEPRECIATION BEGIN!!
It already did, the Focus was sold as a cheap car to begin with, and it does not hold its value as a used car compared to something like a Honda Civic. How you can think the 2010 looks better than previous versions is beyond me... but like I said earlier style is subjective.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like the current look of my Focus compared to previous years. I also think it has some nice features for what I paid. The new focus is nice too but I'll bet it will command a much higher price then the current one when fully optioned out. You can make any car look better by uping the $$$ but then you run into the problem well if I am going to pay that much more maybe I'll pay just a tad more and get something even better.

·
Registered
216 Posts
the stats on the rs are wrong. its like 305hp. not 300. but thats no biggy. but the big mistake is that it isnt a 2.0. its a 2.5 five cylinder. :p

and i'm a big fan of the rs focus. with me, i dont care much about looks. i'd just take the one that is faster.. :D but with the horrible experience ive had with my curent, 2000 zx3, im defenetly staying away from the next generation untill they get the new bugs out.. 2000 was the first focus they came out with in america. and it had its bugs.. my little fofo had 8 factory recalls on it, and they had many more. mine actualy had an extra recall that didnt come up in the vin number and the dealership wouldnt fix it. and thats why i have a bungy cord holding my hatch shut.. but even after i got the recalls fixed, i have to blow most of my pay check every two weeks just to keep it on the road so i can make it to work! and thats not good seeing that im a parent now. ford is my favorite company, but with the nightmares i've had with my car, i think im gonna move on to my second favorite, subaru.. :D

·
Registered
908 Posts
[hatchet][smackbum]????

·
Registered
323 Posts
So far based on pics the only thing I don't like of the new '12 Focus is the console, it seems to busy to me. I'll be interested to see how the controls directly behind the shifter work ergonomically as well, it appears like it could be a pain.

·
Registered
832 Posts
How you can think the 2010 looks better than previous versions is beyond me... but like I said earlier style is subjective.
Ummm...because the frontend looks much better than the old? Just a guess here.[woot]

Charles

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
Ummm...because the frontend looks much better than the old? Just a guess here.[woot]

Charles
Uh-huh... and again, that's subjective. As in, on the other side of the coin, I find the 2008+ Focus to be hideously ugly and think the 2000-2004 model was the best. [poke]

·
Registered
103 Posts
more HP would have been key.......230HP turbo should be avail. 140 is alittle outdated and childish if you ask me. Is it too much to ask????

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Uh-huh... and again, that's subjective. As in, on the other side of the coin, I find the 2008+ Focus to be hideously ugly and think the 2000-2004 model was the best. [poke]
^Of which is also subjective because I think that the USDM 00-04 front and rear end are hideous, both ZX3/5 and sedan, and the redesigned 05-07 front end and sedan rear end was a great improvement on a terrible design.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts