Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
No, link works and this crash test, same as MkI Focus which is normal because its the same platform...

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
wow, that's harsh. yes, the new focus blows the current generation away. but the current gen isn't a bad car either. it's just the simple fact that for the past 5 years the world has been getting awesome foci while we've been getting slightly updated and a reskinned version of a decade old car.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think the Focus from the 08- are nice looking. the 12 look good to but I 'd like to see it and check it out before i'll rate it better.Like the new Camero I sat in one and didn't really care for it IMO.

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
It's like comparing apples to oranges. I agree that the new design is sleeker, but at the same time the two don't share much besides the name badge. Current '08-'10 owners don't have to get angry/jealous about anything because they still paid a lot less than what 2012 Focus owners are going to end up paying. I said it before and I'll say it again... the Fiesta is taking the place of the older gen Focus. The new Focus will fit in between the old Focus and the new Taurus. Ford is just widening their lineup a tad.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I'm glad for the 2012. It makes up for the disappointment of the 2008.

However, anyone notice they used the early 2008 for the front shot. The one before they changed the foglight because of all the negative comments?

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
thats cool. I agree with almost everything

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Totally different gen, the 2012 will be way more expensive because it IS nicer.
I'm just glad there isn't that big of a difference in HP.. That's what I was going to be sad about.

·
King of all blacks!!
2,676 Posts
Obviously who ever wrote or did this article doesn't know what they're talking about. The 2012 isn't even here yet for a road test,nor has it even been crash tested so they can't properly compare the two.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
i own an 08 and ill say the 2012 focus is far nicer and far superior but thats not to say that the current focus is total garbage... there are are a lot worse cars out there; and hint to the OP... 08-10 foci owners dont care for the most part that the 2012 is better and most if not all will agree that it is better. we dont like when people on this forum basically tell us were idiots for liking our NA MKII and that we should get the MKIII the day it hits showrooms. like i said tho, just a hint :)

the the stats at the bottom for the 2010 focus are actually for the 2008 focus equipped with an auto tranny. the 2010 auto is a little faster than that now with the revisions ford made

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's like comparing apples to oranges. I agree that the new design is sleeker, but at the same time the two don't share much besides the name badge. Current '08-'10 owners don't have to get angry/jealous about anything because they still paid a lot less than what 2012 Focus owners are going to end up paying. I said it before and I'll say it again... the Fiesta is taking the place of the older gen Focus. The new Focus will fit in between the old Focus and the new Taurus. Ford is just widening their lineup a tad.
I think you meant to say the all new Focus will fit in between the old Focus and the new Fusion. The Fusion is Ford's midsize car and the Taurus is their full size car. It will go like this from smallest to largest:

Fiesta (subcompact, B-segment)
Focus (compact, C-segment)
Fusion (midsize, D-segment)
Taurus (full size)

As for the starting price of the all new 2012 Focus, I'd say it will start close to $17,000 for the base model and then work its way up to $18,500 - $18,750 for a well equipped SE (high volume trim) model. SEL trim will probably start at $20,500 - $21,000 and Titanium possibly $22,000. I could be slightly off here but I'm sure Ford will price it quite competitively.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is a very well put together comparison between the all new 2012 MKIII Focus and the current 2010 MKI Focus.

I'm totally in love with the new '12 Focus. Both the interior and exterior blow me away! I can't wait to Drive One!

By the way, I like the 2000-2007 Focus much more than the 2008-2010 Focus. I strongly regret not having bought a new 2005-2007 Focus. I test drove a 2007 Focus SE sedan with over 45,000 miles on it yesterday and absolutely loved it. The suspension is far superior to any in the compact class.

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
I think you meant to say the all new Focus will fit in between the old Focus and the new Fusion. The Fusion is Ford's midsize car and the Taurus is their full size car. It will go like this from smallest to largest:

Fiesta (subcompact, B-segment)
Focus (compact, C-segment)
Fusion (midsize, D-segment)
Taurus (full size)

As for the starting price of the all new 2012 Focus, I'd say it will start close to $17,000 for the base model and then work its way up to $18,500 - $18,750 for a well equipped SE (high volume trim) model. SEL trim will probably start at $20,500 - $21,000 and Titanium possibly $22,000. I could be slightly off here but I'm sure Ford will price it quite competitively.
Yeah, you're right. Wasn't really thinking about the Fusion. But my point still stands, heheh. Honestly I'd be shocked if the new Focus starts at $17k. Not that it matters, because they'll be throwing in destination fee and some other fees on top of the advertised price as usual. I'd guess closer to $18k starting price for a manual base trim.

Which still isn't bad, if you consider comparably equipped competition like the Mazda3, Jetta, and Impreza. I just don't know if it'll really stand out from the rest unless there are some kickass features that really pop out during initial reviews/test drives. For example, I haven't seen any pics of the new Focus with 15" steelies. So if alloys, chrome exhaust tips, sync, etc. all come standard, that would definitely be a strong selling point against the competition. When you add all of those things for other manufacturers, you're easily above the $19k mark.

·
Captain TMI
21,227 Posts
A local dealer here is selling new Foci for 13k after incentives. I was trying to talk a friend into one to replace his POS DSM that makes him miss several days per month due to issues.

It's not fair to compare major redesigns to the predecessor. Although I'd like a 2012 Focus, I think I'll wait until at least 2013. I bought an 05, and that was a really minor re-tool, and new engine. The following years have been superior in fuel economy- so no more first year cars for me.

·
King of all blacks!!
2,676 Posts
Yeah, you're right. Wasn't really thinking about the Fusion. But my point still stands, heheh. Honestly I'd be shocked if the new Focus starts at $17k. Not that it matters, because they'll be throwing in destination fee and some other fees on top of the advertised price as usual. I'd guess closer to $18k starting price for a manual base trim.
Not to mention most of the dealers will probably markup the car even more due to "market demand".

·
King of all blacks!!
2,676 Posts
It's not fair to compare major redesigns to the predecessor. Although I'd like a 2012 Focus, I think I'll wait until at least 2013. I bought an 05, and that was a really minor re-tool, and new engine. The following years have been superior in fuel economy- so no more first year cars for me.
Agreed. I would at least wait a year or two until the bugs are worked out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm thinking that the base 2012 Focus will come standard with 16" tires. The base tires on the SE trim would also be 16" but then 17" tires would be optional. I could be quite wrong here though. I'd be a bit surprised if this new, more upscale Focus came with 15" wheels/tires to start off.

·
You like this.
1,693 Posts
I'm thinking that the base 2012 Focus will come standard with 16" tires. The base tires on the SE trim would also be 16" but then 17" tires would be optional. I could be quite wrong here though. I'd be a bit surprised if this new, more upscale Focus came with 15" wheels/tires to start off.
don't be. it will still be sold to rental fleets and this is still ford; they need inexpensive versions

1 - 20 of 78 Posts