Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering... I dont see many things that are different under the hood. Only issue I can think of is tuning. Cant wait. Couldnt careless about this warranty. Figure im going to void the warranty on the ST anyway..

Focuspower?
Top Speed?

Chime in if you care to.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
I don't think anyone can tune the new ECU yet. I'm not sure if any company will start development work on a kit until they can get tuning down on the new car. I'm also not sure how the new direct injection affects the tuning difficulty.

I bet with some breathing mods (intake, exhaust, de-catted), nice flowing intercooler and piping, and a re-tune that new ST will be putting down some nice power!

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one reply :( guess noone can crack that ecu huh?

I want to turbo my 2012 so hopefully someone can.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Fernando just tuned an European duratec in Venezuela, ECU is different from ours and had a map without any support, made 615hp with a PTE 6262. Don't know how different your new ECU is though.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
The 2012 is direct injection, yes?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm kinda concerned with... who wants to be the first to find out how much power the dry clutch six speed can handle? :)

·
Rhinoliner!!!
2,577 Posts
^^^ i like that train of thought!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Yes it is
Well, then the ECU is considerably different than previous Focus models. DI can also have limitations. Probably going to have the same road blocks as the MS3. Fuel pump will be a big one if you want any power...and the injectors are probably pretty weak.

·
Registered
411 Posts
the europeans are lucky... they get the smaller turbo engines like 1.6 ecoboost with a 6 speed manual wtf... we always get screwed up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts