Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LOL'd when I opened my new issue of Road &Track (September).

Posted via FF Mobile

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
slower and heavier then I would have expected for a new car. I just looked up the curb weight of a stock SVT google said 2780lbs. Aren't thy moving backwards in quest for economy?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
slower and heavier then I would have expected for a new car. I just looked up the curb weight of a stock SVT google said 2780lbs. Aren't thy moving backwards in quest for economy?
The SVT may have been a little lighter (139lbs less than a new SE), but its EPA rating is only 18 city/26 highway... compared to 26/36 for the 5-speed SE that weighs almost the same and has almost as much horsepower and.more torque (146 lb-ft, not 516).

Posted via FF Mobile

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
I saw the 3115 lbs in your the picture of the specs above, no idea which model it was. imagine the MPG and performence of a lighter loaded car.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw the 3115 lbs in your the picture of the specs above, no idea which model it was. imagine the MPG and performence of a lighter loaded car.
The reason I compared the SVT to the SE 5-speed is because it gets the WORST EPA mileage rating of the new lineup... the Titanium, whose specs are in the picture, gets better mileage than the SE 5-speed.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Ford Focus & General Car Chat"

·
Registered
191 Posts
These numbers seem off... I've personally logged a 0-60 time of 7.6 seconds in my SE hatch and have seen as low as 7.3 seconds shown in reviews. No clue about a quarter mile time yet, but assuming I can get as good or better shifts out of her (7.6 was in sport mode) as I did doing my 0-60 I see no reason I can't break 16 seconds.
Also, their observed mileage seems decent, but it could be better... My newest tank is giving me a 33.1mpg average with about 85% city and 15% highway driving. And this is without really babying it in-city.
I have yet to test the supposedly 118mph limied speed, but I also haven't been anywhere I felt safe going more than 90 yet...

But back to the original reason for this post... I WANT THAT KIND OF TORQUE! and if it finds this monster torque faster than it finds the actual 145 it has I could kill just about anything with a 4 or 6 cylinder (and probably a lot of the V8's) around here if it didn't instantly vaporize the tires... Lol!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These numbers seem off... I've personally logged a 0-60 time of 7.6 seconds in my SE hatch and have seen as low as 7.3 seconds shown in reviews. No clue about a quarter mile time yet, but assuming I can get as good or better shifts out of her (7.6 was in sport mode) as I did doing my 0-60 I see no reason I can't break 16 seconds.
Also, their observed mileage seems decent, but it could be better... My newest tank is giving me a 33.1mpg average with about 85% city and 15% highway driving. And this is without really babying it in-city.
I have yet to test the supposedly 118mph limied speed, but I also haven't been anywhere I felt safe going more than 90 yet...
The Titanium may be slower due to the higher curb weight and bigger wheels.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
The Titanium may be slower due to the higher curb weight and bigger wheels.

Posted via FF Mobile

Its not all that much heavier. That low low C&D time was done with a manual, so they got the launch and shifts perfectly. Im sure if you practiced with the powershift youd get similar times. It really comes down to how they drove the car.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
How did they even manage that misprint? It's not even close. Did they input the numbers for a turbo diesel truck?? Geez with that much torque the drivetrain would pull itself free from the car and keep on going. [hihi]

·
Registered
128 Posts
mini super duty?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts