Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help! I thought I’d successfully replaced rear hub bearings, but now have 4 warnings that I can’t shut off. ABS- Brake- Traction Control Symbol- Hill Assist. I thought it was because I replaced them with after market hub bearings, so I re installed with Ford replacement hubs using the VIN off the vehicle with no success. I had a friend with Ford software plug in his laptop, and drive down the road and it shows no response from sensors on hubs. I just checked voltage at the plug in for the hub, and they are both showing 11.54V. I don’t know what to do next short of taking it to the dealer and having them charge me to figure it out. I have way too much money wrapped up in it already. Any ideas? I am out of them!

·
Registered
788 Posts
What hub did you pick with automated parking or without?
That's the difference between the hubs.
Also this happened to someone before because they picked the wrong hubs. If you still have the original part take the sensor out of it and put it in your new hub.

That's the only information I can give you, but what will answer your problem is does your car have the automated parking option or not?
Also I don't care about the VIN number it does not necessarily dictate what options your car has.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part number molded into the plastic is the same as the original. The car does not have parking assist. Great idea with the original sensor, but unfortunately I only have one of the original sensors, as the side with the worn out bearing was bearing a bugger to unplug, so I’d unbolted the sensor so I could use 2 hands to unplug it, and I must have thrown it out, thinking I wouldn’t need it. What I great idea though, wished I hadn’t.

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
All right let's try something different I believe the hubs are exactly the same it's the sensor that is different.

You should compare the one old sensor you have with one of the new sensors.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There may by something there. I will try that when I get back in town on Monday. I may have misspoke when you asked about park assist. It does have a warning buzzer when backing up that I now understand is park assist. I was thinking park assist is when the car steers itself in a parallel spot. I do know the sensors are different color. This could be the problem. I very much appreciate your help with this!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that was it! I got a magnifying glass and found a difference in the part numbers. I ordered only one replacement and used the one original I still had. Did the swap, and all the lights and warnings are off. Although it seems like a simple fix, I was stumped, and I can’t thank you enough for your expertise and time. Thanks again!👍

·
Registered
788 Posts
Well that was it! I got a magnifying glass and found a difference in the part numbers. I ordered only one replacement and used the one original I still had. Did the swap, and all the lights and warnings are off. Although it seems like a simple fix, I was stumped, and I can’t thank you enough for your expertise and time. Thanks again!
Awesome. I'm glad everything worked out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts