Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2012 Focus Titanium with MyFordTouch and every few months the screen will fail to turn on. After a few days it will come back on with the "System Maintenance" screen and be fine

This time though, its been over a week and it hasn't come back. It looks like there is an extended warranty (12M02), but I am over 5 years so its not covered anymore

Does anyone have any ideas? I have replaced the fuses and even pulled the battery (Battery is pretty new too!)

Any ideas, good or bad are welcome

·
Registered
187 Posts
some ideas.....

could go to http://syncmyride.com and try to update the software

you could check the connector on the backside of it (maybe come loose)

could try a 'self test' via forscan and obd connector

get a service/workshop manual (i recommend https://www.emanualonline.com/) and run through a pinout test with a multimeter

could say f*** it and go find a 'used' replacement at a salvage yard

could say triple f*** it and buy a new one (about $1200 afaik/iirc)

could replace it with aftermarket (ive got my eye on this guy right here)

the possibilities are endless
but being clearly out of warranty (5 yr regardless of miles) the options have slimmed up a tiny bit....

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have a ‘13 Titanium & haven’t had any infotainment issues, however you can always check YouTube & see if anyone has had the problem? I learned how to change the battery that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 2012 Focus Titanium with MyFordTouch and every few months the screen will fail to turn on. After a few days it will come back on with the "System Maintenance" screen and be fine

This time though, its been over a week and it hasn't come back. It looks like there is an extended warranty (12M02), but I am over 5 years so its not covered anymore

Does anyone have any ideas? I have replaced the fuses and even pulled the battery (Battery is pretty new too!)

Any ideas, good or bad are welcome
Basically its a reset/cleanup protocol. It clears space on the sd card and optimizes the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts