Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I first ordered my Titanium I was a bit disappointedI to learn that Ford does not offer a chrome or stainless steel tip for the tailpipe...yet. You would think that the top of the line model would come with one since the older ones do. It's such a great looking car all around until you see the tailpipe. It's as if they forgot to install it.
Trying to find videos with 2012's that had it was unsucessful so I called up my cousin who is a service advisor at a Ford Dealer to find out why Ford chose not to include one. After asking around he called me back and told me since Ford is making all of there line "eco-friendly" they are trying to make the whole exhaust/tail pipe a taboo topic and a thing of the past. If so, then why make the tail pipe visible at all? On top of that, they curve the tailpipe downward so adding an aftermarket one will be a bit on a slant. It dosn't look too bad as I have seen a pic on ebay so I will definitely be getting one.
Does anyone else feel the same way?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
My Elantra also has the same style exhaust but its completely hidden and I think it makes the rear end look clean. Some have done appearance mods with fake dual exhaust ports. Magnaflow makes a bunch of different tips and I'm sure you can find one that looks good on the Focus

·
Registered
239 Posts
Chrome tips are pointless. If you want it to look nice, get a nice cat-back exhaust (when available). It'll sound better too.

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
To be honest I kind of like the hidden exhaust system. Unless it's a full stainless steel system with integrated chrome tips (not the ricey bolt-on ones) it's just not worth showing off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
exhaust

Yeah I am hoping they will make some exhaust kits,chip,intake,soon to spice up these naturally asperated 2012's...

·
Registered
212 Posts
By the time the warranty is up, they'll have a ton of stuff for this car.

·
Registered
968 Posts
By the time the warranty is up, they'll have a ton of stuff for this car.
A cat-back exhaust system wouldn't violate your warranty by itself.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Something goes here
8,292 Posts
That's just a replacement muffler, not a full catback exhaust system.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Wow, $675? As much as I'd like to pop for the exhaust, that's a little much for me to spend without hearing it first. If it sounds good, I would seriously think about putting it on my car.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Maybe we could do a group buy :) or better yet when is borla and the like going to release one.

·
Registered
411 Posts
This week we are going to Johnson City Tenn. for a retro T-Bird event and Borla is helping to sponsor some of it. We'll be getting a tour of their factory while we're there. I was planning on asking them about this. I have a Borla cat back on my 2002 T-Bird.

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'll be waiting for the FSWerks Stealth cat back exhaust to be released. They make great quality products and the pricing is far more reasonable than the Ford Racing parts. I plan to get one of their race intakes too.

Can't get the link to work for some reason. Copy and paste it instead. http://www.fswerks.com/exhaust.htm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts