Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Just a note before my main post that I did search both here and google before posting and tried the suggestions for re syncing my phone, master reset, pulling the fuse, etc. My phone and my wife's phone are both on the comparability list for streaming music with the sync system we have which is my ford sync but non mft and we both have the same issue.
My issue is streaming Bluetooth music. I use Google play and it sees sync and says its streaming to it but sync doesn't play the audio or even seem to see its being streamed. When I press aux it says sync line in and I can't change it. I checked online and via Ford's website and it says I'm up to date but the last update was in 2011 (v3.1.1c). Calls work fine. It's just streaming audio. Am I missing a step or is this a common issue?
Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Step 1: Turn on stereo.
Step 2: Pull hands-free lever on right side of steering wheel, behind audio controls.
Step 3: Wait for helpful female assistant to finish talking.
Step 4: Say, "Bluetooth Audio".
Step 5: Enjoy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It's funny because I work with technology and generally am good with this stuff but the way sync works is something that stumps me a lot. Once again thanks.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Car Audio, SYNC, MFT & Electronics

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Thanks. It's funny because I work with technology and generally am good with this stuff but the way sync works is something that stumps me a lot. Once again thanks.
Did Dan's awesome tutorial work for you, 12_SESport?

Step 1: Turn on stereo.
Step 2: Pull hands-free lever on right side of steering wheel, behind audio controls.
Step 3: Wait for helpful female assistant to finish talking.
Step 4: Say, "Bluetooth Audio".
Step 5: Enjoy!
In case you want a name for the helpful assistant, it's Samantha. ;)

Rebecca

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
LOL! She kind of sounds like a Julie.

Rebecca

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have noticed when I plug in my phone to charge while driving it cuts out the Bluetooth audio. I have to put it back in FM (no audio) press a programmed station to get it playing then switch back to BT to have it play the audio again. Have to do this each time the car starts.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
LOL! Well, I'm glad the "device" is working properly now. ;)

Rebecca

1 - 10 of 10 Posts