Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 focus se hatchback with the dct transmission. I was in a parking spot and out of nowhere, the engine started shuddering real bad, then it moved down to 250 rpm and died. I’m very confused as to why it happened to an automatic in park. Does anybody have any ideas because the first thought that came to my head when it shudders in park is a failing tcm, but I was able to drive it home without any issues shifting or accelerating. Again, any ideas because if it is the tcm, I’ll spend the money to put all the 5 speed stuff in it like PS on YouTube did. Thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a 2012 focus se hatchback with the dct transmission. I was in a parking spot and out of nowhere, the engine started shuddering real bad, then it moved down to 250 rpm and died. I’m very confused as to why it happened to an automatic in park. Does anybody have any ideas because the first thought that came to my head when it shudders in park is a failing tcm, but I was able to drive it home without any issues shifting or accelerating. Again, any ideas because if it is the tcm, I’ll spend the money to put all the 5 speed stuff in it like PS on YouTube did. Thanks
Hey do you have the link to the YouTube video? I’m interested in doing this.

But it does sound like TCM issue in your case I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I’m confused. YouTube link???? Do you want me to record a video and post it if I can get it to happen again??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Ohhhhhh, with a fresh set of eyes and a few beers later, yeah I can get you the link to PS and his videos.
is to part 1 of the teardown
PS is his channel link

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like you need the transmission control module reprogrammed. I gotta get mine done again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you need the transmission control module reprogrammed. I gotta get mine done again.
I will say that it only did that on that one day. I drove it for about 5 minutes and put it in park and let it idle for about 5 minutes in park to see if I could get it to do it again. I can’t get it to do it again. But if sometime it does it again in the future, I will be making an ugly visit to the ford dealer, or I’ll do the work myself to do a trans swap to the 5 speed manual. It will 95% of the time be a parts titanium model because believe it or not, they offered the manual with the titanium trim. I’d love to change the wiring harnesses from my se to the titanium for power leather seats!! Thanks y’all again for the advice regarding this mess!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts