Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the last week or so when I start the car, I'm unable to steer until the car runs for at least a few minutes. I'm not seeing any warnings on the dash cluster. Anyone else having experience with this issue and able to point me in the direction of a solution?

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2013 SE does the same thing for first few seconds after starting but fixes it's self.. weird
Yeah it's an odd one. Mine started that way, and it just got worse. Dealership is replacing the steering rack at my cost, and it's an expensive repair. Picking up the car today so hopefully this is the fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Damn... Not the news I wanted this morning. lol How long was it doing it before it went out? What was the cost if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn... Not the news I wanted this morning. lol How long was it doing it before it went out? What was the cost if you don't mind me asking?
It started having the issue a few weeks back. If you're still under warranty I'd get it to your dealership soon. I'm up in Canada and it ran me $2500 Canadian. No recalls to this point on the problem but there are tons of complaints about the steering rack problems. I have 70 KM on my SEL but out of warranty. I hope things go well for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow!! Well, second owner and 110k on the dash so looks like I need to start saving my coins now. Thanks a bunch for the info and good luck with your Focus!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts