Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, talking about the sound system, I have a SEL, sedan, with the Sony, and 10 speakers, but I noticed, that the speakers in the rear doors doesn`t sound as loud as the ones in the front. Even if I put the sound only in the rear, the sound is bad...
Is this Ok? Or there`s something wrong with my system?? [dunno]

·
Registered
487 Posts
It could be your ears. I always used to think my system was louder on the left untill I found out I had some hearing loss in the right ear haha, But music is naturally supposed to be louder from infront of you. Im guesing that they "staged" the speakers for it to sound like that. But when you say the sound is bad are you reffering to the sound quality or how loud it is. if its sound quality deffinitly go get it checked out

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The audio in general sounds good, but if I turn all the audio to the rear speakers it just sound flat, like if there were no treble nor bass.. and powerless.
I guess something is wrong with the system..

·
Registered
487 Posts
Did this just recently happen or has it allways been like that? If your cars still under warranty I would take it to the dealership have them take a look at it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Now, talking about the sound system, I have a SEL, sedan, with the Sony, and 10 speakers, but I noticed, that the speakers in the rear doors doesn`t sound as loud as the ones in the front. Even if I put the sound only in the rear, the sound is bad...
Is this Ok? Or there`s something wrong with my system?? [dunno]
Nothing really is bad about your system. Mitchv is spot on (his first posting). It's HOW you use the system and features such as adjusting the fader or L&R balance to suit your needs.

Everyone is different. Understand this, where are you in the car? In the front and looking forward? Correct. If you where at a concert, where are you? Looking forward with the performers facing you -correct. It's the same with car audio. I cannot tell how many time people FOCUS on the group of speakers in the back where one's focal point should be from the front, like in a concert.

In sound competition, you want to ideal psycho-acoustic (staging) car audio system that has pseudo center stage performers. In this case, you may want to get it as close to this definition as possible.

Adjust you fader towards the front speakers. Not all the way. The rear set speaker SHOULD supplement and complement the fronts. Blend the rears where it just audible. The focus of sound source should come from the front and not back. Don't worry able quality until you ready for upgrading parts or entire sound system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is this Ok? Or there`s something wrong with my system?? [dunno][/QUO

Did you ever figure it out? I just got a 2012 focus with MFT 10 speaker Sony audio and I am trying to figure out if something is wrong with the system or is it just the way it is. I had a 2000 GrandAm prior and the sound quality of that 6 speaker system sounded much better than on my focus. It almost seems to have a hollow sound to it and if I am listening to something with bass (not loud) there is some odd vibration coming from the back speakers. I have tried every possible configuration and cant get it to sound like a premium sound system. It sounds okay when listening to the radio, but when I am listening to my ipod or even a CD, it has a tin can sound and seems flat. I even tried adjusting the EQ on my ipod and it didn't help.

·
Registered
299 Posts
This is to everyone that has the "issue" with the rear sounding flat or not as loud. I posted this on another similar thread on here just a few minutes ago, so here it is:

The output signal to the rears are getting less than the front. They also set up an EQ in the factory HU that will be different between the front and rear. If you were to hook up the speaker wires coming out of the HU to an oscilliscope, you could see that the front and rear will be different. They will have different responses to frequency. That would be why the back seems "faint" or not as loud or may not even have the same type of sound to them due to the EQ.

If you ever get the chance to get access to the speaker wires coming out of the HU, measure them with a DMM on AC Voltage, and you will see that the fronts get close to double the output of the rears. This is just Ford's way of staging the sound, or trying to at least. The best way that I found to help make it blend better with the factory HU is to adjust to the rear a couple spots. Then you can hear the rears slightly better. Or you can get an aftermarket HU and/or an amp to go with it. Lol.

There is nothing at all wrong with your system. Taking it to the dealership will only hassle you by having to deal without your car for awhile, and waiting around just to hear "that's just the way they all are".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts