Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am new here and my wife picked up a new Focus about two weeks ago and although its her car I can't but mod it since I also drive it. I noticed all of the european ford focus's have a dual exhaust set up. After some research I found they are basically using a transverse muffler. I used a Borla muffler and some 3.5" stainless tips. A local muffler shop did the install. I removed the middle muffler and dropped in a K&N cone filter. Here are some pictures. The car sounds so sweet and there is no audio drone at any speed.

Parts List: Borla # 40477 2.5" 2.5" 19"X 5.5" X 10.25" Transverse Mount Split Exit $$ 265.00

Tips Ebay $$ 29.00 each
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0Q...emZ280348769045QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWNXQ3aIT

Local Body Shop cut out rear bumper $44.00 labor. The rest is up to the welder to get all lined up. $65.00 Install Total price $432.00

Without 1st muffler:
Video-Audio
[/URL][/IMG]
With 1st muffler:[URL=http://s1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa385/FocusTrooper/?action=view&current=DSCF0321.mp4][/URL]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Very cool.

Post up part #'s for the exhaust and tips if purchased seperate for others here who may be interested in your setup.

And when you get the time post up a video of how it sounds. I'm curious, I liked dual exhaust over single sided with dual tips but depends on the sound I guess.

Good job!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok, I will get the parts list together. It will be Monday on the sound clip. Sorry. I will try to do one this weekend while on a road trip to get it on the move and at idle. This is how it should have come stock. I really like how the european st and rs look so I did it my self. Ford racing sells a cat back for our cars but its $660.00 and is a dual tip single side exit and since theirs eliminated the resanator I also took it off.

Parts List: Borla # 40477 2.5" 2.5" 19"X 5.5" X 10.25" Transverse Mount Split Exit $$ 265.00

Tips Ebay $$ 29.00 each

Local Body Shop cut out rear bumper $44.00 labor. The rest is up to the welder to get all lined up. $65.00 Install Total price $432.00

On the muffler and pipes I roughed them up and painted them with flat black engine paint.

When the car is clean and it quits raining I will do a gallery spread.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Ok, I will get the parts list together. It will be Monday on the sound clip. Sorry.
Cool, keep us posted. This is actually the coolest thing I've seen someone do to their new 2012 so far.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the positive feed back. I knew you guys would like it. This car is so much nicer than any other before it. Unbelieveable.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Very nice unique modification that, from what I can tell, looks very OE like. Nice job!

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Please post a picture of the ENTIRE backside of the car.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
609 Posts
that looks brilliant, well done and done properly. Kudos.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Looks much better! I did the same, not in a 2012 but in a 2001 with an evo bumper. I used a Magnaflow, same size as for Camaro's and Firebirds which have the same set up. It is 5x8x18 and run for $104.00.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Looks Damn good I like it

·
Registered
416 Posts
Put something else I've learned here on my 'To Do' list

·
Registered
534 Posts
Does look FLIPPIN AWESOME!!!! but seems HELLA expensive for just sound....

·
Registered
788 Posts
That looks nice. A couple of questions, how does it affect / improve performance and what is that name plate above Titanium, it looks like it says Sport. Is that something you added on?

1 - 20 of 306 Posts