Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I just bought a 2012 Focus that was in a front end collision and I just realized that it will also need a new driver side seat belt. Does anyone know what other ford models and years have the same belt? thanks

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat

'12+ versions are the only likely matches, as yours is the first year of the new type.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so I went searching in the junk yard, I found a 2003 focus four door hatch back and the belt was identical, the only difference was the sensor plug which I rewired.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Interesting.

Was it the belt system itself that was identical? Or did you replace the latch assy.

I've seen conflicting info. on this, it looked like the new belt systems might be different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't change anything other then the sensor plug, it bolted right up. The mechanism is very similar and it has the same mounting bracket. the part that mounts to the pillar was actually identical and the buckle fastener on the 2003 has two holes, as oppose to one large hole on the new one but it still buckles up to the 2012 latch. The two door Focus has a completely different seat belt system so maybe that's where the conflicting info comes from. I also found a 2007 focus 4 door sedan that didn't have the sensor plug at all, the belt system was the same and the pillar mounting had a different look to it.
here are images of the 2012 belt system, let me know and i will take some photos of the one i installed.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Wouldn't have guessed an '03 would be similar enough to be OK (with plug swap) while an '07 wouldn't!

Makes sense that a hatch would be different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts