Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a focus se through work, pretty basic model, first thing I noticed no Sirius button on dash and no Sirius sticker on door glass.

1. Can I take it to the dealer and pay to somehow have Sirius setup on my stock system? I have the six speaker setup and have aux input in glove box.

2. If the dealer can't give me stock setup Sirius should I just go to a stereo/specialty store and just have a them install my standalone receiver and mount it somewhere.

Can I buy the car kit to plug in line with my antenna or do they not make that yet? Which kind of ties into question 2 i can't get an answer online, guessing it may be to new and no adapters yet.

I have done the install in all my previous cars but don't feel comfortable installing it my self into a new car. I was hoping to get synch and Sirius and wishing for Bluetooth, in a year or so can I pick up a used stereo from an sel and get all the upgraded stock options I was hoping for?

Sorry about the multiple question thread, new member with lots to ask, I'll hit the boards for some info

Thanks.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think even the SE models with sirius can't be controlled via sync voice commands. You have to use the buttons on the console. If you wanted sirius so badly, why didn't you get an SE with sirius or better yet a different trim level?

If you can wait, I'll bet some after market solutions will become available for your SE model focus.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think waiting for an aftrmarket solution will be my best option, overall was hoping to have it setup on the current radio. A temp solution is using my phone via the aux input.

The good thing is with football season coming I usually tune to my local am station for a few months and listen to les sirius.

It's a company car so I had no input in trim level or options.

·
Registered
967 Posts
If you have an unlimited or high amount of data on your phone you could rig up a poor mans sirius radio by downloading the app and paying for the internet only subscription.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts