Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New here and jumping in with a strange (to me) problem. Wife's 2012 Focus SE was hit while parked on the street overnight. Driver's side front bumper all crumpled. But, I bent it all back and, surprise, it pushed back into place. What the...? However, all the lights are out on that side (as well as the passenger side fog lamp) and there was the shattered fog lamp and a long black/red wire hanging under driver's side. I replaced the bulb. No change. I looked inside and it's a mess in there. Loose wires, connectors not attached to anything. I'm assuming the red/black wire is involved in the problem but I have no way of telling where it came from. And the wiring diagrams I'm finding don't help. So, before I pull he headlight and start replacing every bulb (dumb idea), how could I proceed in a smart way? All lights functioned before it was hit. Sorry for such a long explanation. I appreciate any suggestions/advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
... I looked inside and it's a mess in there. Loose wires, connectors not attached to anything. I'm assuming the red/black wire is involved in the problem but I have no way of telling where it came from...
Jack-up the front and get under there for a detailed inspection. Find and fix and tidy-up the electrical "mess". Comparing the Left to Right sides, you should be able to figure out this puzzle. Using this method, there (should be) is a way, as opposed to "I have no way of telling where it (that wire pair) came from".

Even if there is not a matching pair on the opposite side, you can find it, figure it out, or figure most of it out. Use a flash light even if working during the daytime.

BTW when you (we) say Black/Red wire (singular) that means a Black wire with a Red stripe. So, what are the exact colors of those two wires? Is one wire solid Red and the other wire solid black (no stripes at all)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts