Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first time poster but have been lurking on site for years.

So I feel like today is the day that marks the beginning of the end for my focus. Hopefully I'm wrong. Anyways a few days ago my key fob started acting up more than normal and today stopped working completely! No buttons work, so I changed the battery and still does not work. Coincidently (I think) my trunk release stopped working (maybe today as I usually use the key to open it anyways) looked for solutions and found a solution to trunk, it was the wiring in the trunk, fixed it and then tried to open the trunk with the latch release on the back and still nothing.

So any ideas on what could be wrong with key fob (lost spare key years ago) I think it might be a fuse but I'm not sure what fuse it would be (my guess is 81) and also any help on the trunk lid would be great! Thanks guys! Also I live in Germany and the car is US spec so I can't take it to just any dealership the authorized dealer is 2 hours away that can work on it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright so I pulled f85 fuse and tried my keys before putting back in and the key fob worked, so I shrugged and said if it works don't question it and saw that the fuse was not blown so I put it back in, checked to see if key still worked, it did. Then I tried to press the trunk button and the trunk opened, so I closed the trunk and then tried to open it by hand and it didn't work. So I pulled the fuse for the trunk and tried (maybe I would get lucky a second time) nothing not even with they key fob (I knew it wouldn't work because I pulled the fuse but it happened with the key fob so I had to try with that) anyways I put fuse back and was able to open trunk with key fob but not by hand. Anyone know what the issue is?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts