Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to do some upgrades to my 2012 S and had a few questions. I am looking at upgrading to 17 inch rims from my 15 inch steel wheels. I was wondering what profile I would have to have so it clears the wheel wells? I was also looking into converting the rear drum brakes to disc breaks? what is the easiest way to do this and where is the best places to get parts. I will attach an image of the rims I am looking at. They are going to be powder coated lime green. I also included a picture of the Focus and my Jeep. My Focus is going to be vinyl wrapped in either Matte black or gunmetal grey.

Attachments

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
nice, i like the idea of wrapping it flat black. I'm sure there are many different tire sizes that will work but i believe right now i have 215/50 R 17 on my 17's. Rebeldevil customs sells a rear drum to disk brake conversion.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Try going to a 215/50/17 which is what comes on the factory Focus 17's. Keep with factory tire calculations due to speedometer reading.....this will allow you not to have speedometer recalculated.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
what he said^^ i couldnt remeber what the factory tire size was. that's what i have too. i'll edit my first post.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Hmmm, I've not seen those wheels on a focus before. I'm curious to see how it looks.

·
Super Moderator
9,557 Posts
Moved to "Wheels & Tires". If you have questions about brakes or suspension, please refer to the section of "Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis" to find your information.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope to god that does not mean each. Definitely do not have that money right now. Not after I get these rims done.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice, i like the idea of wrapping it flat black. I'm sure there are many different tire sizes that will work but i believe right now i have 215/50 R 17 on my 17's. Rebeldevil customs sells a rear drum to disk brake conversion.
That is what they recommend for the other rims i found. I will put the color that i am looking at later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts