Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the SEMA Roush Focus RS3 concept... wow!!! I really hope the supercharger kit hits the market soon! I think that an extra 50hp would really wake up my SE.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
I saw it also. Talked to the guy he said 230wheel

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Yeah, is it whp or hp?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
my 2012 dynoed at 148whp 139wtq no mods with the powershift so Ford underrated it greatly. I believe another one dynoed at 148whp and 143wtq with a manual.

I think turbo is a smarter choice any day of the week in my opinion. While the Roush kit is cool and all thats just another drag on the motor at the same time as being an adder.

The ST will hopefully show us power and great gasmileage is possible.

·
Registered
343 Posts
230/210 wheel is 270/247 crank

an 82hp increase and 67 lb/ft increase is a lot to the wheels!!!!

St is supposed to do 247/265 so wheel 209/225

Roush 0-60 i estimate ~5.5s
St 0-60 5.7-6

·
Registered
343 Posts
IDk exactly, but if it ends up like the GT500 vs Roush.
The ST may be quicker in a straight line but the roush will annihilate it in the corners.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the power curve withe the Roush kit will be better for a daily driver then the ST turbo... the only thing my SE Sport is missing is low/midrange power.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
495 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think the power curve withe the Roush kit will be better for a daily driver then the ST turbo... the only thing my SE Sport is missing is low/midrange power.

Posted via FF Mobile
This. The powerband is at like 3.5/4k and up. A turbo won't help low range, but a supercharger will. Plus, roush is usually better at cornering as well. Numbers are still a little too early to talk about, they haven't even fully designed it yet. There's a thread in the 2012 forum to take a roush survey of what focus owners want if you want to ask for more hp. :)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This. The powerband is at like 3.5/4k and up. A turbo won't help low range, but a supercharger will. Plus, roush is usually better at cornering as well. Numbers are still a little too early to talk about, they haven't even fully designed it yet. There's a thread in the 2012 forum to take a roush survey of what focus owners want if you want to ask for more hp. :)
More power is probably just an underdrive pulley and a tune away!

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
More power is probably just an underdrive pulley and a tune away!

Posted via FF Mobile
Same is to be said about the ST a Tune and a boost increase.. Sorry I have had a supercharger and the hot air that thing produces isnt worth it to me. A Turbo and intercooler is far cooler and MUCH more effiecent per PSI.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
You're joking, right? Mazdaspeed3 on stock turbo @ 23psi running e85 makes 415 ft-lbs at the wheels (not my car, but a guy I know). That will shit on any supercharger power curve for a 4 cyl, but whatever.

My 50 trim is pretty responsive and makes plenty of torque from 3k up.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You're joking, right? Mazdaspeed3 on stock turbo @ 23psi running e85 makes 415 ft-lbs at the wheels (not my car, but a guy I know). That will shit on any supercharger power curve for a 4 cyl, but whatever.

My 50 trim is pretty responsive and makes plenty of torque from 3k up.
Not everybody is looking for bragging rights... my old CRX was more fun to drive with a 140hp LS swap then with 350+hp turbo kit. I would rather have 230hp with a broad, accessible torque curve than 300+hp that's peaky and difficult to put to the ground.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Bragging rights????? I'm confused. You just said the powerband of a supercharger is the best thing ever but I'm telling you that the right-sized turbo on a 4cyl will destroy any supercharger any day of the week.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Bragging rights????? I'm confused. You just said the powerband of a supercharger is the best thing ever but I'm telling you that the right-sized turbo on a 4cyl will destroy any supercharger any day of the week.
who when autocrossing or racing is below 3000 anyways? and Most small turbos like the gt28rs spool at 2000 rpm. The Supercharger isnt compareable in anyway but those no need to argue.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The powerband of a supercharged car is more linear, so at lower rpms it makes more torque than a comparable turbocharged car. That doesn't mean that a supercharger is "better", but to ME it sees better for a daily driver/auto-x car.

Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 20 of 55 Posts