Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice the hatch is not aligned correctly? standing from the back the driverside top is lower... it is aligned properly around the tail light and the gap at the bumper is fine....see pics

The body shop manager at the local Ford dealer,where we bought the car, told me all the HB Foci have the same problem and there is no adjustment.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Yep, sure enough you're not the first to post up about that. Apparently that's how most of them are, for whatever reason. I don't have the link to the thread but there's pretty much the exact same set of pictures there and most of the HB owners in the thread noticed the same issue.

Some had their dealerships fix it for them.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
My hatch rear spoiler is also a bit off to one side.
Not a problem by me.

i am perfectly satisfied with the fit and finish of my 2012 Focus.
It is assembled by humans.
I can see how it might be tough to make it perfect if they have to slap it on by hand.. So i forgive them for not being MACHINES..
[cheers]
All the bits of my car fit together pretty good. But then i am not the fussiest person on the block.
My parts alignment is good, doors, hood, hatch all seams are great. paint is great. I have gazed at my Yellow Blaze paint lovingly for hours now and am happy.
Even happier two total strangers have complemented the color! (unusual)

The only request from Ford is they should apply a seal to the black plastic on the 'B' and 'C' pillars to protect the black finish on the plastic parts. As the plastic is where I have been placing my hand to close the door.. i am trying to stop doing so to 'save' from scratching/marring the finish of the black plastic parts.
This is a very minor request...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Have noticed a slight mis-alignment on my hatch, nothing worth mentioning to my dealer, so I'm glad to see it here and that there is no adjustment. Also have noticed that whistling coming from my door mirrors, but, only notice it above 50KM and at that point I'm usually closing the windows anyways, so no biggie. If I see an actual fix for it, I'll have the dealer look at it. over-all, quite happy with my Focus Titanium.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Elizabeth, I'd agree if not for the fact that almost every single spoiler is off in the same fashion, leading me to believe the factory hatchback spoiler is installed by machines, not humans. If it was only a handful I had seen I'd think, oh human error no biggie, but there were several several people in the other thread and now the 3 of you here explaining the same problem.

It doesn't look like a big difference but if the OP is as OCD about that kind of thing as me, he'll probably ask the dealership to take care of it, lol.

·
Registered
276 Posts
mine is off as well, but im getting mt ST spoiler so im not to worried about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha ocd... Im a bit anal but....I was checking the body shop managers statement that all the HB had the same misalignment... WE LOVE THIS CAR!! not complaining at all...[ffrocks]

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
mine is off as well, but im getting mt ST spoiler so im not to worried about it.
Legitimate ST spoiler or the Ford Accessory sport spoiler? They're different, the ST spoiler has flares on either side whereas the accessory spoiler does not.

·
Registered
166 Posts
After looking at mine it's the same but i really think this is the way it was designed, Just makes since from a areodinamics standpoint.

IMO.

·
Registered
364 Posts
looking at it, mine has that defect as well.. hmmm... lol!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well if it was even with the panel behind it the wind coming over would dive down in the gap that seperates the two. Probably would not cause enough drag to affect much but could cause a whistling sound or something.
I know im grabbing here but it just seems all of them are this way so im sure it was designed this way for a reason...IMO

Ethier way looks fine to me.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I noticed that same issue with my car upon initial inspection prior to signing the papers. The salesman was wondering why I walked away from my car to look at the other three they had there. All of them were like that, so I didn't make a fuss.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine is jacked up too, kinda pisses me off but whatever! Maybe I'll make it the dealers problem.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Had a glance at my hatch today, it actually looks even. Both sides look a little low compared to the roof line. Going to take a closer look tomorrow, maybe grab a couple pics. I'm pretty sure mine was off to one side when I check before.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts